TTC after 35

poor timing

I'm still new to charting and while I find it fascinating, it is currently bumming me out.  I had a big temp dip & spike a few days ago.  We had timed BD well for that so I was feeling hopeful.  However this morning, I had another big dip.  With the holiday craziness and hubby being sick, I'm now doubtful that we timed BD right for this month.   

I guess knowledge is power and all that crap, but I'm still bummed.

Me-41, Hubby-40.
1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
Dear Son born 5/28/14

Re: poor timing

• I don't know what day you ar on, but it could be an implantation dip.  Did it dip below your coverline?  Are you using a website for charting?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm just on day 13th.  I need to work to embed this in my sig, but here is the chart: 

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3ea2ad

Me-41, Hubby-40.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you do the Ovulation Predictor Kits?  They are very helpful in giving you the 12-24 hour marker before your ovulation and in conjuntion with taking your BBT's, you can pinpoint your ovulation day.  So, if you are not already doing the OPK's, I would suggest that you get some to help you with your timing.

My RE suggested them to help get our timing down pat, they work really well.

Hope this helps you out.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • I've tried them randomly and never recorded a positive.  I think I'll use two a day for the next few days to see if I can detect anything.  Thanks!
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Can you still BD tonight -- is your hubby well enough?  If your temp dropped, you may be about to O -- there may still be time!
  • I use the first response ovulation 20 test pack.  They are not too expensive and give you enough to use one in the morning, you should be able to get your LH detected, as these test are sensitve to morning urine.  They are good because if you are trying to pin point your O day, you have 20 of them, so you won't run out, if like you said, you want to try another one in the afternoon during the same day.  I wouldn't think you would have to but you will have enough to cover you. 

Oh, and you should try to do these tests for a couple of months to help you figure out your cycle pattern.  Then, when you have that down, maybe you will feel comfortable, if you have a very predictable cycle, like your period always being on Cycle day 28, for instance, then you can just feel comfortable that you are ovulating on the 2 weeks before you have your cycle. 

I am not the best at this stuff either, but maybe try the Ovulation calculator on this site.  It may help, as well to start putting some of the pieces together for you.  Oh, I write down the past start cycle days and O days to help me with my timing issues.  Just a thought. 

Good luck.  Sorry, I hope I wasn't babbling too much and this made sense.  :S

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • poor guy has been asleep on the couch all day.  I cooked some chicken soup... maybe that will kick in and fix him up!  :)
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Poor guy :( this past cycle both DH and I were all snuffy and coughing during O, so sucked it up and went with it ;) try your best and good luck!!

Do you have regu;lar cycles? If you don't have regular cycles you may not be O'ing, I found out from my RE in 1st appt, that although I had an LH spike I never actually ovulated, he could tell from both my chart and my u/s. So if your not regular get checked so you know the opk are accurate!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Are you good about taking your temp every day at the same time?  You have a few white circles & I am not sure why.  I am betting you are going to shoot back up & this was the big "O" day.

I have set an alarm on my cell phone to take it every day at the same time.  On the weekends too - it is easy enough for me to go back to sleep after waking up at 5am to temp.  It only takes a minute & I grab my cell phone to enter it right into the FF website.  I used to write it down, but since the phone is right there I just enter it immediately since it is bookmarked in my phone.  GL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for all the tips ladies!   He was able to rally last night and my temp was even lower this morning so we may still be in the game this month after all.  :)

I actually get up earlier on the weekends than during the week, so those are usually the white circles you see. Starting next cycle I?m going to suck it up and wake up early M-F for more consistency. 

I've been using the cheapie Wondfo OPKs, so I have plenty of them to practice with.   This is my 2nd month to chart, so I don?t have any trend data yet.  Prior to my September miscarriage, I was somewhat regular.  It varied between 27 & 31 days.  It took 9 weeks to get my first post-D&C period and then 25 days for the 2nd, so I don?t feel I?m quite back to normal yet.

I get frustrated with myself because when I?m reading the TCOYF book and the FF website tutorials, it all makes sense but then when I look at my own chart I feel like I?m still not getting it.   I?m hoping with a few more months of charting that I?ll gain confidence in the process.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"