May 2012 Moms

Nasty cough...

DS has a really bad wet cough.  The poor little guy.  It is the worst when he is sleeping. He wakes up coughing and doesn't stop for a few minutes.  Other then the humidifier and some ibuprofen for any painsore throat, what can I do for him?  Suggestions please! This isn't how I wanted him to spend his first Christmas!  He also has a low fever, but it acting pretty normal aside from runny nose and having a hard time sleeping. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker

Re: Nasty cough...

• Ds had this last month. We put a towel rolled up under his crib mattress so it was tilted a bit and it helped a lot so he was a bit more upright to help the snot drain down.
  • We are on day 5 of the nasty cough! It's horrible..I feel so bad for him in the night when he can't catch a breath he's coughing so bad! I took him to the dr to make sure it was ok and they said it can last up to 14 days blah..their suggestions were saline drops as much as you can (can't do too many), humidifier, and elevated matress..I've done all these and haven't noticed a change yet :(  I did pick up Baby Vics Rub yesterday and put some on his chest, neck, and feet and he slept better last night so maybe it's helping..hope this helps, good luck! I know it stinks right before Christmas!

• Loading the player...
  • Baby Vicks!! Chest and feet, I can't say enough good things about it. Also the cold and cough baby bath helps.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • My DS had a nasty cough too.  I took him to the pedi because I suspected it was more than a cold.  He has a bacterial infection.  He has to take antibiotics for 10 days! 

BTW--our pedi told us that baby vicks should NEVER be used on an infant.  It doesn't matter what the instructions allow.

• imagewedsept:
    My DS had a nasty cough too.nbsp; I took him to the pedi because I suspected it was more than a cold.nbsp; He has a bacterial infection.nbsp; He has to take antibiotics for 10 days!nbsp;
    BTWour pedi told us that baby vicks should NEVER be used on an infant.nbsp; It doesn't matter what the instructions allow.

Why?? I was told no adult Vicks but baby Vicks was recommended
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • I use baby vics also. Ava went on an antibiotic also. Poor baby first christmas eve was spent waiting in an urgent care for 4hours. Her cold turned to bronchitis and she had an ear infection.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"