Blended Families
Options

SD gets to see sibs today

SD's older halfsibs have been across the country with their dad now for a year and a half now I think. We get to see them tonight for dinner! Grandparents on BM's side will be there, but the older children requested a while back that BM not be present. So it will be a Christmas dinner at a neutral, very public restaurant with all of their father's family, us, and unfortunately BM's parents if they show up. But we are super excited to see the kids. I know SD will be over the moon!

Re: SD gets to see sibs today

• Options
    That's awesome! It is awesome that you guys are able to come together for the kids. I am guessing it may be a bit easier since it is BD1 and BD2, and no BM, so there's no awkward 'you're my ex and we have a lot of bad blood.'
  • Options
    That is awesome. I don't remember, how old are the older kids?
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think brother is 13 and sister is 11 now. With all of is having just gotten over the stomach virus as of this morning, DS and I ended up staying home. DS is rarin to go, but I am not quite up to par. DH and SD went, of course. They just phoned on the way home and said the kids had a blast!

We have a very good friendship with BD1 and his wife, and we make sure the kids stay in contact as often as possible. We don't blame the kids for thi gs that were done to SD. At that time, they were so young themselves, they were just acting out what was bei g done to them. BD1 and DH did not always have a good relationship, but when we searched him out across the country to tell him our suspicions about what was going on, obviously their relationship got a lot better. And I communicate with their stepmom a lot to stay updated on the status of the kids therapy, physical progress, social progress, and of course the legal proceedings.

My SIL lives an hour away from them what a coincidence, so when ILs go to visit her in May, they will probably take SD to visit her brother and sister for a weekend, also. They were super excited about that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"