January 2012 Moms

S/0 To Judging Thursday**Rant**

So I don't know if most of you read it but my judge was:

"I judge the mom at my kids school who told me that I shouldn't bring B and E to school with me to drop off or  to pick up because she thinks that someone will catch diabetes. Like really. Educate yourself."

Yes this happened Wednesday morning at drop off. I had to give L's teacher something so I brought B and E in their stroller with me.

The conversation went as follows:

Her:Please stop bringing your daughters with you to drop off or pick up

Me:Why? Is there a problem with them?

Her:Yes,someone could catch diabetes from them and we wouldn't want that to happen. So everyone can be diabetes free please leave them at home.

Me:(Jaw dropping on the floor) I walked away speechless.

I mean what was I supposed to say? You are right? No.  So I got in the car and the entire way home I cried and called DH. 

Well Thursday morning I brought them again and she said it again. Like-I told you to stop bringing them.

The  teacher heard her and told her to step out of the room and told her that she needed to stop now and that you can't catch diabetes. (Which by the way makes me sick to my stomach to type) She kept saying yes you can. So the teacher told her to please go to the school director on this issue. 

I haven't heard anything else as yesterday my friend took them for me.

What would you have done? Thoughts? 

Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!

Re: S/0 To Judging Thursday**Rant**

• I probably would have told her what an ignorant fing person she was and asked her to stop coming around the school so no one would catch stupid from her. :p

• imagePsyDr04:
    I probably would have told her what an ignorant fing person she was and asked her to stop coming around the school so no one would catch stupid from her. :p

If I had the confidence I would but I didn't at that time. 

Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagePsyDr04:
    I probably would have told her what an ignorant fing person she was and asked her to stop coming around the school so no one would catch stupid from her. :p

This exactly! I may have been caught off guard the first time but I would have been waiting for her to make a comment the second time. Good for the teacher pulling her out of them room and sending her to the director. I think she owes you an apology and shouldn't be allowed back in the room until she does.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• I am so sorry this happened!

Honestly? I probably would have laughed at her. And then belatedly realized it wasn't a lame joke and she really WAS just that stupid. and THEN I would have asked her to please consult webMD and figuring out what she's talking about before my babies catch the stupid from her.

And then I would have cried all the way home.

• imagemrs.larry:

I am so sorry this happened!

Honestly? I probably would have laughed at her. And then belatedly realized it wasn't a lame joke and she really WAS just that stupid. and THEN I would have asked her to please consult webMD and figuring out what she's talking about before my babies catch the stupid from her.

And then I would have cried all the way home.

I would have laughed thinking she was joking, too. How ignorant can you be? Print off some information about diabetes from WebMD and give it to her. Or if you happen to be in the doctors office, pick up an info packet for her.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would have done the exact same thing as you. I would have been speechless, and then cried the whole way home.

I'm not gutsy or witty enough to come up with good things to say to other people, let alone other moms at daycare (our equivalent of school). I'd probably just smile and say, "oh, it's ok, it's not communicable, and your kids are totally safe", even as she insisted. I'm totally shy when it comes to other parents, although I might get feisty if it was about my own kids...

That teacher is amazing to pull aside that mom and try to talk to her. But honestly, if she's that ignorant to keep insisting that it's communicable, then I guess I'd just try to let it roll off me. She's not interested in learning the facts, so what can you do other than try to set a good example?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What an effing moron she is. That made my blood boil, I want to cry FOR you. Ugh people are so freaking dumb. I second PP's comments about telling her you don't want your kids catching stupid from her.
    eliza bopple
    Eliza born 1-25-12
    Baby 2 EDD 7-18-14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"