C-sections

3 weeks post C section

Hi everyone! Merry Christmas.

I had a C section exactly 3 weeks ago.  When I went for my post op appt, the dr confirmed I was oozing a bit, but not to worry. Today, though I noticed that maybe Im oozing a bit more.  I did take a bath 2 days ago and I was wondering if that could have had something to do with it?  I hope not.

Anyone else have any oozing and what did you do about it? 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 3 weeks post C section

• I also had a csection 3 weeks and 3 days ago. Does the ooze have a smell to it? Thru out the day I feel my get moist/ maybe a little ooze but it doesn't have a smell. My dr said that's normal as long as it doesn't have a smell to it. It could be cause of my "flab" of a stomach also ;) but as far as the bath goes I was told that you had to wait 6 weeks to take a bath. I wanted to take one really bad lately but don't want to risk it.
  • Does the ooze have a color and/or a smell? Are you running a fever? It's normal to have some serous (clear fluid that may have a yellow tinge) drainage from an incision, and if you took a warm bath, that could cause more to come out (as PPs said, I was told not to take a bath until 6 weeks post-op, to reduce risk of complications to the incision). You can put a sterile dressing over the incision during the day to keep sweat off the incision (and monitor the color of the drainage), but don't keep the dressing on longer than 24 hours without changing it (removing it at night will help the incision "breathe).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"