LGBT Parenting

Wednesday Community Check-in

Updates? How was your holiday?

QOTD: What was your favorite holiday as a kid? How do you/are you going to celebrate it with your kids?

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wednesday Community Check-in

• We're 7 weeks today and I'm learning to manage all my symptoms. C was sick since Friday, so we had an exteremely low-key holiday of movies and staying in.

QOTD: My favorite "holiday" was probably my birthday as I got two parties - a small friends one with my mom and a large family (joint with my brother) bbq/picnic one with my dad. We definitely plan to celebrate birthdays with our kids, but probably something along the lines of a smaller friends celebration.

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Holidays were crazy, non stop.  They were nice though!  We loved seeing all the family.  I am now on vacation with 36ish days left so I am in major nesting mode.

My parents got us a new deep freezer so we have to get the garage moved around tonight as they are bringing it on Friday.

QOTW - I am not really sure. It would probably have to be Christmas.  As a little kid my answer would have been all the cool things we got but as I have gotten older its more just about family time.  This was the one holiday where I got to see my whole family on both my mom's and dad's sides.  I have a ton of cousins and aunts and uncles so all of us getting together was hard.  

As far as carrying these to our kids, we will always make sure they see all their aunts, uncles and cousins for this holiday as it was very special to us.  Plus our family are so important to us that we want to pass that down to our kids. 

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We spent Christmas at home, just the two of us.  It was hard not being around family, but my wife was super supportive and sweet all day.

We did an early pregnancy test and got a BFN :-( We are going to wait for my missed period on Sunday and then take another one. 

T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• We had a great low-key Christmas. The kids were up bright and early (hello, 5:06am!) and loved their gifts. Their favorite was the Skylanders Wii game that they have been playing a lot of (thankfully, they are going to camp this week at the gym to counteract the amount of video games they played yesterday.) Legos, board games, and books were also big hits. I felt horrible we hadn't invited my dad....

QOTD: Christmas was always my favorite. We celebrate very similarly to how I celebrated it as a kid: Santa gifts are unwrapped and left with the stockings for the kids to enjoy when they wake up. After breakfast, we open a gift, play with it, hang out, open another, etc so it lasts all day. (L prolongs this more than I would....we didn't finish till 5pm yesterday!)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm heading on into week 15. My immune system is out for the count so I'm layed up with a head cold. V worked out if town today, and I'm glad she didn't have to deal with me hacking all day. I got to sleep and relax with some tylenol and lots of fluids. My nausea seems to have really lessened, which is wonderful. I'm at the point where I can't wait to hear the heart beat at our next appointment on the 2nd. My little bump has started to pop out, which is fun!

Christmas was spent with V's family, we all go over there, watch their family open presents for an hour our so, snack and socialize, then eat dinner and watch a movie.
    IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• We just arrived in Chicago for our Holiday Part 2. We drove from Ontario late last night to beat the predicted snowstorm in Michigan and discovered our dog doesn't sleep well in motels! So far it's good though.

I think we are rare in having told our families that we are ttc. We decided to when all my fertility stuff came up and we were advised to start trying sooner than we would have otherwise... But it's been great so far being able to speak pretty openly about our recent stress has been really nice and we have gotten lots of support.

QOTW: thanksgiving was, and still is, my fav holiday. It just feels more laid back than the others, but still has all the good food and get together time as Christmas. Plus I really like stuffing and gravy!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Updates?

We are 26 weeks and little man is moving like a maniac in there, its awesome! Next week starts the 3rd trimester. This pregnancy seems to be going so fast and slow slow all at the same time. The anticipation to meet him is out of control....

How was your holiday?

Holiday was great, we scored big this year! Every single present "santa" brought our girls was "THE BEST PRESENT EVER!!!!" and after the presents were opened all we heard all day was "THIS WAS THE BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!!" So as all of you Mom's/Dad's know....that is a mega WIN!

QOTD: What was your favorite holiday as a kid? How do you/are you going to celebrate it with your kids?

My favorite Holiday as a kid was and still is Halloween. I LOVE dressing up and getting the kids dressed up. I cant wait till the kids are a little older and can have Halloween parties!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"