New Jersey Babies

Looking to move to Morris County

Hi! I currently live in Bergen County and we are looking to buy a house in Morris County.... Rockaway/Denville area... I do not know much about this area and was wondering if there were nicer towns/schools to look for OR certain towns to stay away from?

TIA!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Looking to move to Morris County

• We just moved to Whippany this past summer. Love the area. Good luck with the house hunt!
  • I like to use greatschools.org to check on school raiting across the county. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Just be sure to check the flood zones. I know parts of Denville flood pretty bad. You may also want to check into Randolph or Parsippany.
  • We have lived in Montville past 2 years--great school system...close to NYC but still holds on to small town charm.
  • Hi! I grew up in Denville for 26 years until moving with my husband. It is a WONDERFUL town to raise your children. There is a great sense of community, lots for children, and convenient to everything.  I also associate very closely with Rockaway since most of my friends were from there. Denville and parts of Rockaway share a high school. I believe you can check the ratings of the school systems on some website but I have never heard anything negative about them. I am a teacher at Morris County School of Technology (a vocational high school) in Denville so I subbed in most of the schools prior to becoming a teacher. There is only one section in Denville, which is directly along the river, that floods often. The flooding that occurred in the downtown area was caused by the effects of a hurricane and are not the norm.

Feel free to send me any specific questions you might have. Good luck in the house hunting process!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"