Parenting after 35
Options

Christmas Eve dinner?

If you make or attend a special Christmas eve dinner what will it be?

It's just DH and the kids and I but we're having a nice dinner all the same.  I'm making: Fried brown sugar sauerkraut, carrots w/ green onions, glazed spiral ham, and homemade mac & cheese.  For dessert we're having Razzelberry pie and vanilla ice cream.  YUMMY

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Christmas Eve dinner?

• Options
    We're eating bits of everything from appetizers to nachos and salsa to fruit. We're doing breakfast casserole tomorrow morning, then turkey dinner! It's a bit of a food fest.
  • Options

My family always has enchiladas for Christmas Eve, because we like them.  Since my last name ends in"ski", I had to change that from traditional meat and cheese one to seafood.  I also changed our spanish rice to a mexican Rice (MExican Rice III on allrecipies.com, I am recomending this!).  Even MIL thought it was good, and DS ate some.  Pretty good for his first tase of seafood.

Diana, the Razzelberry Pie sounds awesome! Recipe, please!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I must admit that while everything else was from scratch the Razzelberry Pie was from Marie Calendar ;-)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

We were out at the relatives for Eve.. so tonight I'm making a big ham and scallopped potatoes.   Lacking the heavy cream, so skim will have to suffice.  My perfectionist husband is not pleased.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I wanted to do a riff on the Italian Feast of the Seven Fishes, but I'm not Italian, am inexperienced at cooking fish and it was just 3 of us eating so I made fish and chips. DH called it Feast of the Fish.
  • Options
    Cornish game hen, wrapped in bacon and stuffed with apples. Rice and homemade twice baked potatoes. Normally, I wouldn't have a good answer for this one, but I did cook last night!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"