Oklahoma Babies

Am I the only one that feels this way?

My name is Drew and I am an expecting dad any day now. Throughout this process of preparing for our new baby I have noticed that it is difficult to choose what crib to buy, what dresser will work, should we get the angel care monitor, will our baby like the mommaroo, etc, etc... A lot of this stuff is expensive, and if the baby doesn't like some of the stuff we pick then we either have to try and return it, sell it, store it for the next baby, give it away, or trash it. 

I feel like there should be an easier way to do this. I mean we can demo and/or rent movies, music, cars, trucks, kayaks, and a whole lot of other things to see if we like it. Yet, I have not found an option for expensive baby equipment. 

Am I the only one that feels this way? I know there are safety concerns with car seats, and most of the time stores will let you demo them outside the store. But what about strollers, baby swings, mommaroos, pack and plays, cribs, angel monitors, video and sound monitors, and other gadgets like that? 

Re: Am I the only one that feels this way?

• Just borrow from a friend or buy at a consignment store. You really just need a place for baby to sleep, carseat, diapers and clothes, something to eat. The rest is just extra and doesn't need to be new or expensive. They outgrow it so quickly that used looks like new anyhow.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I feel the same way. We have been trying to look at the reviews on line to see how other parents and babies liked things. It's still really confusing. Bottles have been the hardest for me because that is solely up to the baby. I don't want to register for a ton of bottles that he will hate. I plan on breast feeding but still will need something for when I start back to work or when daddy wants to feed him. Then there's the question in the back of our mind; we really like this but is it too expensive to register for? It can get a little overwhelming but I have faith we'll figure it out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I know I had no idea that there could be so many variations of a flippin bottle! I know a lot of the baby stuff has to meet the same federal guidelines, but still! 

I'm glad I am not alone.  

• Thanks for the pointers. We have definitely looked at some of that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"