May 2012 Moms

Hair Loss...Still!

Anyone still loosing their hair? I have been loosing clumps of hair since my son was born and it just has not stopped! I heard it usually stops around 4 months or so but it hasn't even slowed down...I have tiny litte whisps of hair on my forehead that are like matted to my head its driving me nuts and looks crazy haha I try ways to hide it...my mom thought it might be a thyroid issue?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hair Loss...Still!

• I am.  I've noticed it has just started to slow down a little bit lately, but I'm still losing more than usual.  Mine didn't start until I was like 3 months pp, so it definitely didn't stop at 4 months! It was just getting started!
  • I always shed like crazy even prekids.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine is still pretty bad too. I read that if it continues much past 6 months you could have low iron.
  • Mine always starts about three months pp and goes until about 9 months
    Tara
  • I'm still losing hair like crazy, but I hav a thyroid issue, so I don't know if it's post-partum related or just my normal crazy hair loss.

• Glad to know I'm not alone here! Ugh, tired of this! I swear I'm starting to bald ha..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The information I found when I was reading up was that it takes the first 3 months for the hormones to go back to normal, then you start losing all the hair that was kept around during pregnancy. After that, the length of time it takes to cycle everything depends on how much hair you have, if you normally have thin hair or lots of it, typically 3 months for "average". Then, it ends just in time for your normal hair loss cycle to start, so add 3 more months before you are truly back to your normal hair growth/loss cycle.
    For my little man...I only knew you in my heart. D&C 3/1/11 EDD 9/8/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"