June 2012 Moms

WWYD?

So we flew to my family's neck of the country for Xmas. My parents are the only ones in my fam who've met my DS, but they haven't seen him since the day after he was born. Anyway my stepmom's been sick for the past 2 weeks. She pretty much only has a cough left. Would you let someone with a cold hold your LO? They're not gonna see him again until his 1st bday. She's really good at washing her hands, coughing into her elbow, etc. She's been waiting for this for 6 months and it's killing her not to hold him. TIA.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WWYD?

• I would let her hold LO. Whenever we travel, I just assume DD will pick up something & be sick afterward. Which was exacty what happened after Thanksgiving even though no one had any cold symptoms. It sounds like your stepmom might not be contagious because she's at the tail end of the cold? I think the benefit of letting your LO be held by your stepmom (for her & LO) outweighs the risk of LO getting sick, which is bound to happen at some point anyway. Just my two cents, hope you have a great holiday & everyone stays healthy!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with the pp, let her hold your LO. My parents came over the weekend and my mom was on the tail end of a cold and she played/held both of my girls.
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with stepper. It would mean a lot to your stepmom so I would let her.

Our LOs can pick up colds anywhere especially this time of year. I wouldn't deprive your stepmom of this experience because she's on the tail end of a cold.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That's what I was leaning towards. He probably got exposed to much worse on the plane alone. DH and I have each had 2 colds DS hasn't been sick yet knock on wood!. Thanks ladies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"