March 2012 Moms
Options

So happy to have a proper freezer

we live in an apartment and the fridge only has a small freezer at the top, so I bought an upright freezer.  I just finished cooking up a big batch of food for the munchkin and we are using the small freezer just for him. Tonight he got potatoes, green beans, squash and carrots and tomorrow I'll cook chicken, beef and some more carrots and maybe some sweet potatoes and squash. 

He's not a huge fruit eater but he likes it in his oatmeal so I freeze up pureed apple, banana, pears and peaches.

He still isn't liking anything with lumps ..he is getting better but still barfs up ...we've been making  his food thicker gradulayy and it seems to be helping.  I don't know why lumpy food makes him barf, this kid sticks everything in his mouth and never barfs lol
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: So happy to have a proper freezer

• Options

I would LOVE this! We're in a pretty small condo, and we have a side-by-side (not our purchase) and the freezer side is tiny - width-wise, we can fit 2 of the baby ice tray things and that's it. I do DS's food in monthly batches, which means over half of the freezer is his food, now that he's eating so much real food (4-5 oz 3 times a day). DH is sad because I never can buy ice cream anymore - no room!

Excited - I buy frozen peaches, cook them on the stove with just a little water until they're soft, and then puree and refreeze. DS refuses the jar peaches, but he loves these.

• Options

Yay!  That's so great!  We got an upright freezer a couple of months ago and it is SO nice!  I am able to make a ton of food for DS at once to freeze, plus it makes it much easier to shop at Costco without having to stress about being able to fit everything into our freezer.

Also - I buy a lot of fruits and veggies frozen for DS and then defrost individual servings.  It makes it much easier (and cheaper) if I want to give him foods that are not in season. 

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"