May 2012 Moms

First Words

Yesterday DD said her first word, "Momma." It was more like babbling because she repeated it over and over again but I don't care, I'm taking it as her first word! Haha. 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

Re: First Words

• You must be in cloud nine! My DD hasn't said mama yet, but she has signed it a couple of times. Not quite the same, but I'll take it.
  • So sweet! But as a mother as three I am NOT looking forward to or teaching lo to say momma! I counted a few months ago in a half hour my 2 year old said it over 100 times! So not looking forward to having two babies saying it :
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Loading the player...
  • DS would babble dadadadada all the time for no reason a few months ago and DH insisted he was trying to say Daddy but I told him that he was just making sounds. Now, DS will cry Mamaaaaa when he gets upset. I take it as his first word because its the first thing he has said as a singular word rather than a continual sound like the dadadada was, you know?

Anyway, it feels great when they say Mama especially when they know who Mama is!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • I'm so jealous! Dd will 'dadadada' all day long, and I cannot get her to say 'mama' for anything. The second she does, I'm counting it as her first word Big Smile
    Due 3.27.14 (lame because I cannot figure out how to save a fun ticker.....)
  • My Little guy is saying this too!  It melts my heart everytime even though he may just be babbling Stick out tongue  Daycare said he is saying it there too and they assume he's talking about me so they tell him I am at work and will be back later. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • My daughter says "mama" always in context, when she is upset and someone else is holding her and wants to come back to me. Everyone told me I was a crazy lady for thinking it was real, until my friend who is a pediatric nurse saw her reaching for me and saying, "Mama!" She told me in her opinion she was saying it for real and not just babbling. I felt vindicated :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Aww, I cannot wait for this! DD says dada and nanana but no mama yet and I have tried. I'll sit facing her saying mama mama mama and she'll get really loud and yell back DADADA. It's pretty funny! Stick out tongue
  • Both of my girls said mama first. It makes my heart melt!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"