Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Laundry Detergent

Does anybody have any good homemade laundry detergent recipes that are safe for babies clothes too? I currently use Super Washing Soda, Borax, Fels Naptha soap and water. I have read conflicting information on the safety of Borax and was wondering if anyone else has a good recipe they wouldn't mind sharing.

Laundry detergent marketed for babies is so darn expensive and there are so many foreign chemicals in them I really want to use a homemade one. Thank you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Laundry Detergent

• Options

I've been using Tiny Bubbles on her diapers and use it on her clothes now too...I looked up the ingredients on EWG's database, even though the brand wasn't listed.  It seemed like it would be ok.  I ordered it from Costco...not as cheap as homemade, but not bad.

I used Borax in a carpet cleaning solution once and DD broke out really bad so I`m nervous to use it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Have you thought about soap nuts? They're all natural and super cheap. They work well on my laundry, although I don't use them on the diapers.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is what I currently use, though I would also be open to a borax substitute. I have just started making my own detergent and haven't had any allergy issues, yet. And this detergent is used with LOs cloth diapers, too.

3 bars of soap

1 large box of washing soda 3lbs 7oz

1 large box of Borax 4lb box

4lbs of baking soda

Optional a large container of oxy clean to use as a boost to stain fighter. If you have a really tough stain I would suggest still using stain stick orwhatever stain fighter you use.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"