April 2012 Moms
Options

Egg Allergy

Any one have a LO with an egg allergy?  If so how did you figure it out?  symptoms?  What has the dr told you?

We think that DD has an egg allergy to the egg whites.  I have given her the yolks of hard boiled eggs and scrambled without any issues.  A few weeks ago, we were out to breakfast so I gave her some scrambled eggs from other DD.  She ate them fine, seemed fine and then later in day started to throw up and dry heave for a whole hour!  it was a little scary, but at no point did she have a hard time breathing or develop any hives.  the only symptom was vomitting.  I held off on eggs since then, but today tried again. We were at home and I scrambled up a plain egg.  She barely ate any- as she didn't seem to like it.  About 2 hours later, she threw up two times.  She seems fine now.  It seems to strange for it to be a coincidence so now I am thinking she has an egg white allergy/sensitvity.  

Any words of advice?

Thanks!

Caron 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Egg Allergy

• Options
    S has trouble with eggs. He projectile vomits everywhere whenever he has egg yolks so obviously we have stopped feeding egg yolks. My mum says I was the same way until I was a year.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I myself had an egg allergy/intolerance when I was a baby. I also vomited after eating eggs but didn't have other symptoms (I apparently ruined the new carpets of my parents' friends after we all went and ate ice cream that had eggs in it). I DID grow out of it and love eggs now. I also haven't had any problems with other allergies.

My brother was allergic to anything orange for a time, and he also would get boils after he took a bath (so he took showers from a very early age). Bodies are weird.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we were told no egg whites until after 1yr
    TTC#2: 8/17/14 // BFP: 9/5/14

TTC#1: 7/30/11 // BFP: 8/22/11
    DS: Carson Robert 4/29/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"