December 2010 Moms

When you were pregnant/are pregnant?

When you were pregnant of if you are, do you drink diet soda? I sometimes I just have to have one and I feel so guilty about it!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: When you were pregnant/are pregnant?

• I still drink an occasional soda or coffee. I work night shift so sometimes I just need one to stay awake. I may get flamed for this but i also ate sushi the other day. I looked into it a lot before I did. But I don't really freak out about a lot of stuff while pg.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't drink diet soda, I like the real stuff :) And yes, while I was pregnant I would drink it. I would usually drink only 1 glass a day, but I didn't feel too guilty about it. I also didn't drink it every day, but if I wanted it, I had it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, I usually have a can in the afternoon. I also have a cup of coffee in the morning. I'm not a good rule follower though. I also have a couple glasses of wine each week and eat over easy eggs with runny yolks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I drink regular soda a few times a week and usually is a big one. I need the pick me up and coke has been one of my cravings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Dx MTHFR (C677T & A1298C, Compound Heterozygous)

• I don't drink the diet kind, but I drink the "real" kind all the time. :)  I do try to avoid anything with artificial sweetner, but I doubt it's really all that bad.  I wouldn't feel too guilty over it!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • A friend told me if I'm going to drink it I should have regular so I'm not drinking artificial sweeteners but I don't like regular, that why I feel so guilty like the artificial crap is going to do harm of some sort!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I don't drink coffee...never have, or diet, but I will still drink a soda like 4 times a week when pregnant.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • No, I did not and that was tough because I love diet soda. I also cut all caffinee. If we have another I am not sure I would cut out all caffinee, but I think I still would diet soda. 
  • I cut out soda until 3rd tri then I had a diet coke every few days.

• First pregnancy I stayed away from soda and only drank maybe a cup of decaf coffee every other week in third tri.  I was nuts though.  I was like ahh caffeine!  Don't eat chocolate either!  lol

Second pregnancy I was very lax and still drank regular coke and decaf coffee like once a week.  Ate chocolate everyday =D

• I don't drink much soda...maybe about once a week? And it's always diet. I drink decaf coffee a few times a week. I was "hooked" on decaf a few years ago (HAD to have a cup a day) and cut it out of my system. I just like having something warm to drink in the mornings and I never liked tea.

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Yes, I used to have one every night, mostly caffeine free, sometimes not.
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • I don't drink diet soda normally, but I believe "everything in moderation". I was pretty strict with stuff w/ my 1st pg, but was more lax w/ my 2nd. I had cold cuts, sushi & hot dogs, etc, for example, all in moderation. Both babies are perfectly healthy =)

• Yup!! I had GD both times and drank diet pop and crystal light. I avoided caffeine for the first tri both times, then drank coffee too! I did cut back the pop when my heartburn got bad with #2!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"