Pre-School and Daycare
Options

s/o - how long is your bedtime routine?

DD's bedtime routine seems to be dragging out longer and longer.  Its been the same

PJs/Pullup

2-3 books

3 songs -

Mama Out

for a long time and took maybe 20 minutes?

For the last few months, its been dragging out longer and longer up to 50ish minutes occassionally over an hour.  And, I KNOW she's tired.  I'm leery of getting tough about it b/c I feel like that's going to lead to her flipping out and actually taking more time to go to sleep.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: s/o - how long is your bedtime routine?

• Options

If it's a shower/bath night---it's 60 minutes. If it's not a shower/bath night---for some reason, it's still 60 minutes (LOL)...as follows:

-6:30 brush teeth, wash face, and bathroom use

-6:50 PJs

-7:00 Clean-up toys

-7:10 1 book and 2 Bible verses

-7:20 Prayer then a little small talk

-7:30 Kiss Daddy and Mommy goodnight

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options

20-30 minutes

7:25 start bath (DS is taking his clothes off and putting them in the dirty laundry.

(I am putting a shower mat, face towel, bath gel, bath cup, clean pull-up and towel ready or at arms reach)

7:30 DS gets in bath and I start rinsing him. (Every other day I use soap and the other days I just let DS soak in the water)

7:40 Out of bath, start putting lotion on, pull-up on and DS gets his pajamas

7:45 DS gets the stool to Brush his teeth (we do this together). DS puts stool away

7:50 DS has to read a book to himself while I put stuff away and put water in humidifier and rinse shower mat.

7:55 read one book and put stickers on sticker chart

8:00 bed time

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Usually 30 mins tops... but we spend the biggest portion reading books. so pjs, brush teeth and potty which happen fairly quickly/smoothly with 3, then read, and one song. My favorite is when our oldest reads to us!
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Options

A little over one hour.  3 kids.

6:30-700 PJs, snack and last show (I get their sippies of water and clean up from dinner during this)

We all go up to the playroom. 

7-720 teeth brushing.  2 play in the playroom while I brush 1's teeth and last potty. 

720ish I take DS to his room, the girls go in their room and pick out their clothes.  I read to him, sound machine and OK to wake clock on. Goodnight.

730- I join the girls.  DD#1 reads a couple pages out of her current book (Ivy and Bean books these days) to DD#2.  DD#2 picks a book for me to read.  We recount the day, discuss tomorrow's plans.  Sound machine and OK to wake clock on.  I'm out 745ish.

I am on my own typically because DH travels a lot.  I drew a picture schedule and we follow it religiously.  I find whenever a transition time starts to get rowdy, I make a schedule they can look at and that helps. 

When the twins were babies, I made a huge colorful poster with a list of 5 activities and then I gave her popsicle sticks with numbers on them and she would put the numbers on the chart (Velcro) in the order she wanted to do them, and then she would ceremoniously usher me through the routine.  It gave her control and a sense of ownership.  I used command strips and put it on her wall.  This quickly nipped the games in the bud.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ummm, we're in the "it takes too long" category. Everything after bath is at the same time every night -

7:15 bath

7:35 out of bath (I do get her out at the same time each time, if she stalled too much, it may only be a two minute bath), brush hair, new underpants and pj's, comb hair, brush teeth

7:45 DD picks out 2 books and either DH or I read to her.

7:55 DH spends 2ish minutes saying goodnight to DD. 

8:00ish I lay in bed with DD for "3 minutes," but it ends up being like 10+ minutes as she says "mommy, one more huggy! One more kiss!"  I'm a sucker. :(

I'm usually out of there by 8:15, so basically 40 minutes after bath.  She does pretty much go right to sleep once I've left though.

TTC #1 since 6/08. Cycle #6 - BFP 12/22/08, EDD 9/3/09, DD 8/14/09 at 37w1d
    TTC #2 since 6/11
    me=36 - low AMH, DH=38
    BFP #2 - 8/31/11, EDD 5/10/12, M/C 9/23/11
    BFP #3 - 3/4/12, EDD 11/14/12, CP 3/11/12
    BFP #4 - 5/9/12, EDD 1/19/13, CP 5/11/12
    BFP #5 - 8/22/12, EDD 5/5/13, CP 8/24/12
    IVF#1 - January 2013 - EPP/Antagonist - 7R, 3M, 2F, 3dt of 2 8-cell embies
    BFP #6 - 2/3/13, EDD 10/15/13, DS 9/18/13 at 36w1d
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Potty, teeth, inhaler, book.... less than 20 minutes for sure.
    Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    About an hour with bath, half hour without. Routine : pj's, potty, brush teeth, 4 books, rock 2 minutes. Latly she is trying to stall and she doesn't fall asleep right Away. Used to be she'd crash soon after I left the room.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagehocus:

We have similar routine and I was having issues with it too

I started doing a timer on my phone as soon as she's done with her teeth. This means that if I spend 8 mins getting her into a new diaper then we read less books. When the timer goes off we finish what we're reading and it is off to bed. I got almost no resistance to it at first. Now she sometimes asks for one more book but I just tell her we'll read it next time.

ETA: I set the time for 12 mins most nights.

Thanks - I tried this last night and set it for 20 minutes to change and read books, in bed when the timer goes off.  It worked pretty well.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Here's how ours goes... right or wrong, efficient or not...

7pm. Pee, brush teeth. Kiss & hug little brother.

Pj's, diaper.

3 stories if he had a "green" or good day without hitting/pushing/etc at school. Otherwise 2 or 1 depending on how naughty he was.

Short talk about the day, what he did that was good, what he did that wasn't good.

7:15 ish. Other parent comes in to rub his back. Another pep talk about what we have planned the next day, and what his prizes will be if he has a green day. If I'm the second one in, I always tell him that it's ok to not fall asleep right away but he needs to stay in his room, and be quiet.

7:30ish, usually comes out of room to bug us about something. Sometimes he has to poo. I don't know why it's usually at this time, but it is.

Finally asleep at 8.

When he comes out of his room for silly things - there's a shadow on the wall, he's thirsty again, his sock has a string... I breifly fix the problem, swiftly tuck him in, kiss & "love you, goodnight".   FI has a bad habit of engaging him too much, which only reinforces that if he causes a fuss, he gets to stay up longer Confused

• Options

Ours is long, too long.

Bath, teeth brushing, tucked in by Daddy, story from Daddy, tucked in by me, story from me and a chat/cuddle, DS trying to convince me to stay, whine, then sleep. It averages an hour.

• Options

It's 15-30 minutes.

Shower, teeth, pj's, two books, bed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We start bedtime routine at 6:30, he goes in for a bath (30 min), brushes teeth, puts jammies on and climbs in bed. He is allowed one book a night (whether I read or he does is up to him), cuddles for 10-15 minutes while he winds down and then we are done and mama leaves the bedroom. So total is about 1.5 hours. He's in bed by himself by 8:00.
  • Options

DD2 is about 20 minutes (if a bath), 10 if not. pjs, teeth, one book, song, bed.

DD1 is a staller. It usually takes 1-1.5 hours but I put her in the bath at the same time as DD2 (6:30). She gets to play in there while I put DD2 to bed.

6:45  - bath

7:00 - teeth

7:05-7:35 books, songs, hanging out, playing. I work full time so this is the time I get to spend with her.

7:40 - lights out, snuggle

She goes to bed somewhere between then and 9, but I don't usually have to go back in.

"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options
    imageLoveEeyore:

720ish I take DS to his room, the girls go in their room and pick out their clothes.  I read to him, sound machine and OK to wake clock on. Goodnight.

What is an OK to wake clock? Is this something you actually got or is it something you put together? If you bought it, where? If you made it, how?

fbls

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"