December 2010 Moms

Does your kid get Christmas?

I haven't really talked about Christmas a whole lot, but know a lot of my friend's kids at this age totally get Santa, and all of that.  Maybe it's my fault because I didn't talk much about it???  He didn't really seem to get the idea of his birthday and I talked a lot about that. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Does your kid get Christmas?

• Nope, Brody has no idea. Didn't understand his birthday either, doesn't care about opening presents, just wants to play with the toys he already has :) And I know he doesn't understand that there's a new baby on the way either.

People are work are always asking me "oh is Brody excited about being a big brother?" And I'm like "ummm no he's 2, he has no clue"  - but I bet other kiddos do at this point. 

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• I don't even know if I really believe most kids "get" Christmas at this age.  It just seems so young to understand a concept like that.  Maybe I am wrong!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Not really, she did ask about the presents under the tree since she associates presents with birthdays. So I tried to explain a bit about Jesus and the tradition of giving. She calls birthdays "happys" because she likes to sing happy birthday so now every once in a while she will walk by our tree and say "Jesus's happy".
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• imagewatermellens:

Nope, Brody has no idea. Didn't understand his birthday either, doesn't care about opening presents, just wants to play with the toys he already has :) And I know he doesn't understand that there's a new baby on the way either.

People are work are always asking me "oh is Brody excited about being a big brother?" And I'm like "ummm no he's 2, he has no clue"  - but I bet other kiddos do at this point. 

This and this. Charlie recognizes Santa, but doesn't know who he really is or what he does. He doesn't get the baby either - he points to his own belly and says, "baby!" lol 

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• imagewatermellens:

Nope, Brody has no idea. Didn't understand his birthday either, doesn't care about opening presents, just wants to play with the toys he already has :) And I know he doesn't understand that there's a new baby on the way either.

This and this. Charlie recognizes Santa, but doesn't know who he really is or what he does. He doesn't get the baby either - he points to his own belly and says, "baby!" lol 

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• My MIL started at Thanksgiving telling T that 'Santa brings toys.' So he recognizes Santa and thinks he will bring toys, but doesn't get the whole elves, flying deer, magic bag part of it. And as for the religious part we don't even talk about it. H's family are Catholic, but don't go to church. Because of my personal religious beliefs or nonbeliefs actually I feel that the holidays are family time and tradition more than anything.
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • G doesn't get Christmas or his birthday.  I didn't really talk a whole lot about it either.  I think next year I'll try harder.
  • DD seems understands more than I thought she would.  I am blaming her daily doses of Caillou holiday shows.  She gets that Santa exists.   DH caught her peering under the tree the other day and asked what she was looking for.  She said Santa.  Since we don't have any ornaments on the tree yet Embarrassed she couldn't have been looking for a Santa one of those. 

image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • This year the triplets totally get it, I think last year...at 3 1/2, they did too. Jericho does not get it yet.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • imagewatermellens:
    Nope, Brody has no idea. Didn't understand his birthday either, doesn't care about opening presents, just wants to play with the toys he already has : And I know he doesn't understand that there's a new baby on the way either. People are work are always asking me "oh is Brody excited about being a big brother?" And I'm like "ummm no he's 2, he has no clue"nbsp; but I bet other kiddos do at this point.nbsp;

Exactly all of this. Everything.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Not really.  He likes the tree, he can recognize Santa and seems to like him, and he knows what presents are. But as for the concept of why we are doing this, and that he is going to get presents in 2 days, I would say a big fat no. Next year!
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Nope! He recognizes Santa and if you ask him what he says he'll say Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas! DS1 is finally really getting it this year, and he'll be 4 next Wednesday!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • He knows what I've told him, but I don't think he truly grasps the whole concept.

He knows we have gifts to give our family members b/c of the gifts that are currently under our tree. I told him Santa only brings gifts to good girls & boys.

He ripped the chimney off his new Caillou tree house & he said - "Santa come down the chimney!" LOL (We've been watching the Grinch & Twas the Night Before Christmas, so he's seen Santa come down the chimney)

I guess I'll have to wait till Tuesday to see how much he actually "gets" Christmas.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"