December 2010 Moms

Daycare is rough

So any other late day care starters? How is it going?

A only had babysitters/nannies in our home, but after J was born DH and I decided both kids would go to daycare instead while I worked for several reasons, part was cost, we've been through multiple nannies and having difficulty finding coverage when one was sick.Anyways, we just finished our 2nd week at daycare...J is young it doesn't seem to phase him.   But A, poor guy, he is there longer as my H drops him off/picks him up and its about an 11 hour day. We only do 3 days a week since that is when I work. He cries every morning, he doesn't chase after H or anything, but its more of that defeated cry in the hopes that H will change his mind and keep him. When will it get easier?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Daycare is rough

• It does get better! It's only been 2 weeks, so I would give it a bit linger. How is he cry once YH is gone? Does DC say he enjoys his day, and only cries a few minutes after drop off? Personally that's more important to me that T's whole day at DC goes better than the first 10 minutes. GL, and stay strong. He will adjust to the new schedule!
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yes, it will get better!  Can he have a lovey with him when your DH drops him off?  Our's doesn't allow toys during the day but will make exceptions for loveys during drop-off transition.  Also, is there an activity that he really loves doing?  C adores art so his morning teacher usually lets him do a quick art activity before most of the kids get there.  We always talk about what type of art he might get to do so it will get him excited to be there.  Is there any special routine or things you guys could do when you get there?  For example, sometimes we might go tell the director hello, stop and see C's old teacher, C gets to use the door buzzer to get us in, anything that he might look forward too.  Finally, can you see if they can snap a pic or two during the day to email to you?  I love getting these and they always seem to come on the days I need them!  Hang in there!  C's been going for nearly two years now in March and he still goes through occasional periods where he gets sad at drop-off.  He always perks up quickly though and I know he loves it.  Do you think there are any real reasons why he might not?  Some teacher or student he doesn't like?  You can always try and ask him.  Sometimes I actually get a real answer from C now!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • P just started daycare in November after Staying at home with me for almost two years. IT DOES GET BETTER!!

Week 1 was great because it was new and fun. 

Week 2 SUCKED.ASS. She cried hysterically at drop off and pick up. Didn't eat and didn't want to nap.

Week 3 SUCKED.ASS.TOO!! But toward the end of the week it got better. 

Now she might whine or pout at drop off but she doesn't cry often at all. She eats and naps so much better.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it took my DS 3-4 weeks to stop crying. He started in August. The defeated cries got me the worst during the 1st week. I would pick him up ready for a big hug and he would see me and just break down :( 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"