Parenting after 35
Options

I love this board!!

I just read the post "possibly controversial" and everyone's responses were absolutely amazing.  No name calling, just simple statements of facts in their own lives.  I've never see this on some of my other boards.
If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I love this board!!

• Options
    Speaking for myself, I'm not into drama or arguments just "for the fun of it." Plus, since we're all older, we've all probably learned to actually respect others for their opinions. Not sure I could say that about many 20-somethings these days, sadly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageBrideBuddies:
    Speaking for myself, I'm not into drama or arguments just "for the fun of it." Plus, since we're all older, we've all probably learned to actually respect others for their opinions. Not sure I could say that about many 20-somethings these days, sadly.

I completely agree with this. Other boards that I go on can be so darn rude, judgmental, full of drama and downright nasty. It gets tiring sometimes and is something I really do not need in my life right now. From what I have seen so far I love how people respond on this forum! 

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was pretty impressed too that it didn't dissolve into hysterical name calling too, because when I opened the OP I did assume it would get ugly based on how other boards go.

I agree with pp that being older we're probably better at accepting others opinions. I'm not going to take as some personal affront if someone disagrees with me.

I also think we're old enough to know that life is not black and white, and to realise that no matter what your stance on termination if you're actually faced with a baby with medical issues then it's an incredible stressful and difficult thing to work through. Regardless of the decision you would make, or the possibilities you would consider, no one skips off into the sunset singing, "tra la la"

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options

As Bump boards go this one's pretty alright Wink

• Options
    Yeah, this board is much more mature than a lot of the other ones out there.  It's a breath of fresh air!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"