Natural Birth
Options

Webster technique for Breech Baby success stories

At my 34 week appointment (yesterday) an ultrasound showed baby is frank breech (has been since 28 weeks), and OB started talking about options. (Mostly because I asked.) My practice will not delivery a breech baby. She suggested trying an ECV at 37 weeks, and if that didn't work, then a c-section was necessary. To go from wanting a natural birth with minimal interventions to hearing the words c-section scared the crap out of me! I came home and did tons of research online. I immediately started putting the exercises on spinningbabies.com into use, but read so much about the chiropractor and the Webster technique. I went for my first adjustment today. My dr. made me feel extremely hopeful that we will get baby to turn, but I would love to hear some success stories. I would love to avoid having to try the version too, but would rather try that than go straight for a c-section. Anyone have a breech baby that turned because of the chiropractor or exercises they did? Any other suggestions for me to try?

I know there is still time for baby to turn, but I figure it doesn't hurt to start trying these things out as early as possible. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Webster technique for Breech Baby success stories

• Options
    My good friend recently delivered baby #2.  She found out that he was breech at 39 weeks (and actually, I *think* it was more transverse from what she was describing, but she said her OB said baby was breech :shrug: ).  Anyway, she started doing spinningbabies exercises immediately and I referred her to my chiro who adjusted her and used Webster's and baby turned after 2 visits.  She gave birth to baby vaginally about a week and a half after her first chiro visit.  She said her OB was shocked that baby turned because the OB had wanted to perform a ECV and induce her at the same time. :)
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    My baby turned at 39+ weeks. I was doing Webster technique along with several other things (acupuncture with moxibustion, spinning babies exercises, positive visualization, hot/cold packs) so it's very hard to determine what exactly "did it." I actually felt DD turn while doing a spinning baby exercise but I had seen the chiropractor and acupuncturist earlier that day so who knows! And maybe she would have turned without me being so proactive. But anyway, my suggestion is to try as many things as possible. As least if you end up with a C-section, you can always know you tried your best. Good luck!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My baby was breech and turned a few weeks ago at my third visit while I was on the table with the Chiro doing Webster!  It worked for us!  I think I started around 34 or 35 weeks as well!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My baby was transverse at 32 weeks. After my 2nd adjustment at 33 weeks 4 days, I felt baby turn over the course of several hours and confirmed s/he was head down at my 34 week appt. It definitely worked for me!
    #3 Due April 2016
  • Options
    My baby had been transverse. She probably would've turned on her own since I still had plenty of time. But I've been seeing a chiro for about a month now and when we went for a growth u/s at 30 weeks she was head down and every week since then she's been head down. Best of luck to you! Just keep doing your exercises and seeing the chiro!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    *raises hand*  DD was breech until 37w6d.  I went to a chiropractor or webster technique as well as doing spinning babies exercises.  My midwife also had me try pulsatilla, a homeopathic remedy, to try and get baby to turn (only do this on advice from your care provider because there are different safe amounts depending on the dose).   I have no clue which of these got her to turn, but I would definitely recommend keeping it up with the chiropractor and the spinning babies.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"