Baby Showers

house fund???

not baby shower related but an etiquette question...

what is a house fund??? Im friends with someone on FB (friend of a friend of a friend sort of deal) who is always posting a link for a paypal account so that people can give her money for a house. she appears to be married and has children...so its not for a wedding. Its kind of odd, what is that all about? I've never seen anyone do that before, seems pretty grabby.....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: house fund???

• Well, good luck to her.  I can't believe this is where we're at now  - it's o.k. to just randmonly ask people to give you $$ for whatever it is that you want but can't afford right now. 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• i def thought that it was weird...we are going to be buying a house and I would have never thought to panhandle for it  Surprise
  • Loading the player...
  • You have got to be kidding me?!?!, this is what's wrong with this country, some individuals feel they are entitled for others to help them. Guess I'm old school where you got an education, found a job and worked hard to be the best you can be and make the money to buy cars, houses, raise your children, put them through college, prepare for retirement, etc. I would immediately de-friend this person after potentially giving them an ear full. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• wow. thats pretty tacky. If its set to her paypal account, she can basically use the money on anything, not just her house. Like really? people find it necessary to post crap like that on fb?
    Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • What?

Here is the funny thing about buying a house. If you need "donations" to buy it, then you probably cannot afford the monthly payments, the upkeep, the repairs, the furnishings...

What a tool.  

• You know...if someone has to ask for money so she can buy a house, then maybe she shouldn't be buying a house in the first place.

Seriously....where do people come up with this stuff?

• Tacky! 

I have heard that poeple do that online all the time, like college girls create an account to get donations for boob job, etc.

• Your FB friend is being very tacky.  IMO you should not contribute to this in anyway.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • OH. MY. GOSH.

For real?? I cannot believe people actually do this kind of stuff. But on the other hand, I have a certain person in my life who I could actually imagine trying to do this. She feels very entitled to everything--but does not want to work for anything. (Don't get me started.) LOL!  

• imagePunkyBooster:

What?

Here is the funny thing about buying a house. If you need "donations" to buy it, then you probably cannot afford the monthly payments, the upkeep, the repairs, the furnishings...

What a tool.  

yep! that is one of the tackiest things i have ever even heard of. do people not have shame anymore? (obviously not...) 

trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • imageljanette85:
    i def thought that it was weird...we are going to be buying a house and I would have never thought to panhandle for it  Surprise

Us too, saved every damn penny ourselves. Then again, maybe it's time for us to start if this is what everyone else is doing.  Geeked

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• imagejobiann:
    You have got to be kidding me?!?!, this is what's wrong with this country, some individuals feel they are entitled for others to help them. Guess I'm old school where you got an education, found a job and worked hard to be the best you can be and make the money to buy cars, houses, raise your children, put them through college, prepare for retirement, etc. I would immediately de-friend this person after potentially giving them an ear full. 

This

• There is something wrong with your FB friend.  I just couldn't imagine so obtuse that I would think that is a good idea. 
  • imageEastCoastBride:

Well, good luck to her.  I can't believe this is where we're at now  - it's o.k. to just randmonly ask people to give you $$ for whatever it is that you want but can't afford right now. 

I agree...except I don't even wish her sarcastic luck. I hope her money grubbing plan fails horribly.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is gross.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• It is amazing how many people feel entitled and it seems like we live in such a give me give me give me society.  I'm seriously fed up with it.
  • imagePunkyBooster:

What?

What a tool.  

You took the words right out of my mouth, Punky. 

• Am I the only one just waiting for someone to come in and be all, "well, in my circle of friends..."?
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• imageLiz4444:
    Am I the only one just waiting for someone to come in and be all, "well, in my circle of friends..."?

Ha ha right, or the ever popular "In _______ state, we are more laid back and easy breezy and not as judgemental over this kind of thing. 

• Are you sure this is for "own" house? I have seen other fundraisers on FB and would probably assume its for habitat for humanity or something that her group is doing to build a house for a family in need. At least I would hope so?! I was invited to a wedding and they asked for money for their honeymoon, but I have never seen someone ask for money for their own house?!
  • People create donations for EVERYTHING.  A while ago there was a gem on the knot or nest that the poster created an account so people could donate money to her wedding. Someone actually ended up donating like 20 bucks but no idea if there was more or not.

• It's facebook not the welfare office. Some people have no class/tact.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"