May 2012 Moms
Options

Lo can't catch a break!

So my poor Emma is still sick. We have been dealing with her double ear infection since nov 29 and she is still on antibiotics for it. Yesterday morning she woke up with a nasty cough and stuffy nose. It really sucks! She has never been sick before this, and I feel like this will never end. Any ways pointless rant I just fell so bad for her she is still so tiny and has no clue what is going on. Poor baby!
Tara
Tara

Re: Lo can't catch a break!

• Options

Ugh poor Emma! My son has been sick with a nasty cold for 5 days now..I actually took him to the dr this afternoon because his cough is getting so bad and is so harsh sounding the poor thing wakes up throughout the night trying to catch his breath and I can hear all the flem....they said his lungs were clear and he just has a bad cold but to be ready for up to 10-14 days! There are sooo many colds going around right now :( But since Nov 29? Oh man that is rough! I hope she gets better soon, sick babies are no fun!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I was wondering if anyone else was suffering through ear infections! Eli just got through a round of antibiotics for one and then stated tugging on the other ear and so of course he has a double. And a cold. BLAH! 

Our pedi said that if he doesn't respond than we'd likely get tubes. I hope not!

And of course our Christmas plans involved a 16 hour-multi-day road trip that we cancelled. There's no way he could be in a car for that long! We'll just stay home and snuggle him!

Poor babies!!  I hope your LO feels better!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejlsweets:

Ugh poor Emma! My son has been sick with a nasty cold for 5 days now..I actually took him to the dr this afternoon because his cough is getting so bad and is so harsh sounding the poor thing wakes up throughout the night trying to catch his breath and I can hear all the flem....they said his lungs were clear and he just has a bad cold but to be ready for up to 10-14 days! There are sooo many colds going around right now :( But since Nov 29? Oh man that is rough! I hope she gets better soon, sick babies are no fun!

Same here! Please share any tips fo rhelping the cough. My poor guy cant sleep and cries more when he coughs.
  • Options
    imageRMama2012:
    imagejlsweets:

Same here! Please share any tips fo rhelping the cough. My poor guy cant sleep and cries more when he coughs.

We found that putting LO in the bathroom with us while someone took a hot shower seemed to help loosen things up a bit. 

• Options
    I can't say enough good things about baby Vic's!!! I put it on my boys chests when the have a cold before bed or if its bad all day it helps so much. Also I was told to put it on the bottom of their feet then cover with socks or footed pjs before bed, not sure why but it did seem to help shorten their colds a lot! Plus it can't hurt.

With the constant ear infections are you ff or bfing?? I'm not sure if it works neither of my boys who I bf ever had an ear infection but if you put a little expressed milk in their ears it's said to help. My son who was ff had a ton of ear infections and I found making sure he never had a bottle while lying down and giving it to him almost sitting up helped a lot something about helping stop fluid build up.

Good luck
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    This is Emma's first ear infection. We have had issues with antibiotics and hopefully this one that she is on now will work. We were told by pediatrician that the baby Vic's does not have enough active ingredients to be helpful and to use the regular Vic's mixed with a little vasiline. We have used that since our first daughter was little. They both love it and we use it often
    Tara
  • Options
    I also heard about the vics but haven't tried it but I think I'm going to pick some up today! The humidifer, saline, and elevated matress don't seem to be helping enough and I'm getting desperate ha

• Options
    imagetarapike86:
    This is Emma's first ear infection. We have had issues with antibiotics and hopefully this one that she is on now will work. We were told by pediatrician that the baby Vic's does not have enough active ingredients to be helpful and to use the regular Vic's mixed with a little vasiline. We have used that since our first daughter was little. They both love it and we use it often

Wow really!! Adult Vic's has menthol in it which can be dangerous for children. I've found the baby Vic's to help a lot, even for me since I'm bfing I won't put the adult stuff on or it will get all over lo.
  • Options
    Yeah I was the first way with our first. There is menthol in it but as long as you do not put a huge glob on them and keep it away from mucouse membranes you are fine. That is also why I thin it down with vasiline. I also asked my pediatrician and was told it was safe
    Tara
  • Options
    imagetarapike86:
    Yeah I was the first way with our first. There is menthol in it but as long as you do not put a huge glob on them and keep it away from mucouse membranes you are fine. That is also why I thin it down with vasiline. I also asked my pediatrician and was told it was safe

Like I said that surprises me that a dr would ik it. there were a lot of studies and things published in 2009 about how it can trick a child's system into making more mucus and children not being able to clear it from their lungs. I normaly love the stuff for me but even with my third its not a risk that I want to take.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"