Baby Showers
Options

Shower Guest List Question

Hello Ladies,

Lurker here with a question...

I am carrying twins and my shower is scheduled for March 2 based on the advice from the MoMs on the multiples board that an early shower is a good thing when carrying multiples.  So, I am putting together the guest list for the hosts and am wondering what to do regarding a certain group of women that I am not particularly close with, but whose husbands are all like brothers to me.

We aren't that close these days b/c most of us have moved away and seperated, but I grew up with these guys and invited them to my wedding/were invited to theirs (as a guest of the groom).  However, as for their wives, I can only say that I talk to only two of them and it is still a bit strained and none of them invited me to their baby/bridal showers. 

I am thinking of inviting the two that I am more friendly with and leaving the others off the list, although I would love it if all of their husbands came (although I am not sure if the hosts are planning a co-ed shower or not). But, I don't want to be rude by invited some and not all. 

What should I do?

TIA

ETA: the shower is going to be in my hometown where most of them live and they are close with one another...

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Shower Guest List Question

• Options

If it's not a co-ed shower, I wouldn't invite them.  Especially as you werent invited to theirs.  Go w/ the status quo.

For the 2 you kind of talk to - were you invited to theirs?  If not, then I wouldn't invite them to mine either.  Again, just go w/ what's the norm for this group. 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    ditto what eastcoast said
    Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies! I was trying to avoid being rude, but I think you guys are right.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imagerpalen29:
    ditto what eastcoast said

I agree as well.

You might want to ask the host(es) how many guests they can accomodate and also if this will/can be a co-ed shower.  If they are OK with co-ed and the numbers add up OK then invite them as a couple.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"