North Carolina Babies

Indoor Toddler Playdate Ideas for Raleigh/Durham

I'd love to plan some indoor playdates for my daughter and some of her daycare or church friends but am running a little low on ideas.

I took my niece to Marbles a couple of years ago and I remember that there was a small toddler area.  I didn't pay much attention to it at the time because she was too big to play in there.  If you have been, did your kids enjoy it?

Can you think of any other good indoor spot for a playdate?  I know at this age it's mostly parallel play but I was just trying to think of something other than my living room.  TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Indoor Toddler Playdate Ideas for Raleigh/Durham

• Oh my goodness, my DS LOVES Marbles.  He is 2.5, but I see older kids there all the time.  For $5, you just can't beat it.  

Another idea, if the weather is ok, is Pullen Park.  They have a great playground and rides like a little train and a carousel,  which I think cost $1 each.  (ok, reading comprehension issue.  I just re-read your question and see you asked specifically for indoor ideas.  Just save that Pullen Park idea for the spring!)

I've also heard a lot of good things about the Museum of Science, but haven't been there yet. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagemeganandchase:

Oh my goodness, my DS LOVES Marbles.  He is 2.5, but I see older kids there all the time.  For $5, you just can't beat it.  

Another idea, if the weather is ok, is Pullen Park.  They have a great playground and rides like a little train and a carousel,  which I think cost $1 each.  (ok, reading comprehension issue.  I just re-read your question and see you asked specifically for indoor ideas.  Just save that Pullen Park idea for the spring!)

I've also heard a lot of good things about the Museum of Science, but haven't been there yet. 

• Loading the player...
  • We love Pullen Park but not quite a good playdate for January.  I have taken DD to the Science Museum.  It's right next to our church so sometimes we go over for lunch in the Daily Planet afterwards.  She enjoyed the butterfly room the most.  There's a lot more for older kids to do. 

My DD isn't quite a year yet.  Do you think she could still enjoy some aspects of Marbles?  or does she really need to be older?  It's free for her at this age and I thought there was a toddler area but I can't quite remember. 

• There are two toddler areas.  One is for 3 and under and one is for 18 months and under.  My DS was not young enough for the younger one so I haven't been in there.  The one for kids under three has things like a log they can climb an on animal things.  I think the kids really start having fun when they are able to walk.

• Ok that's good to know DD is almost walking - crusing very good. And the friend that we would be going with is walking now. So hopefully they would still enjoy it. Thanks so much for your feedback! Merry Christmas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"