May 2012 Moms
Options

He did it! *update

He put her to bed! I got to go out with my friend and have a glass of wine and my husband stayed home and put LO down for the night! The best part is that he's so proud of himself he wants to make it a weekly thing. That way he can practice and I get one night off a week. It was even his idea!

im so happy! I can now go run these parties and not worry about LO and DH. And on that note I already have 4 parties booked for the new year! 

Thanks for all the advice and support. I told DH your suggestions and he said they helped so thank you again. 

Re: He did it! *update

• Options
    Yay!! So happy he is willing to try. I'm sure he is very proud of himself!
    Tara
  • Options
    That's great!  It seemed like he just needed a boost of confidence.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh yay!! That is so great for you but even better for dh and lo, they will have a much better relationship now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    I'm obviously a mess, because that just brought tears to my eyes!  I'm so happy for you and your DH and your LO!  It seems that he was probably nervous about it! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats! I'm curious what the suggestions were, I must not have seen the previous post. I've struggled with this recently myself. My girl friends keep asking when we're going out for dinner and I keep putting it off because I am so fearful DH won't be able to get DD to bed without me there.
  • Options
    imagemrsshawnavanb:
    Congrats! I'm curious what the suggestions were, I must not have seen the previous post. I've struggled with this recently myself. My girl friends keep asking when we're going out for dinner and I keep putting it off because I am so fearful DH won't be able to get DD to bed without me there.

Like I said before dh will do it differently but it will be fine. Momma is not the only one capable of caring for children.
  • Options
    That was really what made the difference... As soon as DH stopped trying to do things my way and did something different she was much better! My DH wants me to thank you Bellelamb, your advice was what turned things around for him. He has actually offered to watch LO while I went to the store last night and tonight. He's so much more confident now with her. It's so nice to have an hour to myself so I have a chance to miss her!
  • Options
    Awesome! Yeah!!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagenajzomax:
    That was really what made the difference... As soon as DH stopped trying to do things my way and did something different she was much better! My DH wants me to thank you Bellelamb, your advice was what turned things around for him. He has actually offered to watch LO while I went to the store last night and tonight. He's so much more confident now with her. It's so nice to have an hour to myself so I have a chance to miss her!

Yay!! I am so happy for you!!! And I know I don't know your dh but I am SO proud of him!! It's hard for dads to try to live up to what momma does but when they feel they can do things their way and its ok things go much better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"