May 2012 Moms
Options

twin size bed

So I'm thinking about  getting a twin sized bed with rails for LO.  She REFUSES to sleep in her crib and she will sleep in my bed alone if I lay with her to get her to sleep.  We've tried MANY methods of getting her to sleep in her own crib very consistently and its just not happening.  My husband and I need some of our alone time back before I go crazy so i've gotta figure this out.   I think that she would be fine... but I'm wondering if there are things to be concerned about that I haven't thought of.   

Anyone have any thoughts for me? 

Re: twin size bed

• Options
    Can you just take one side off the crib to make it into a toddler bed? Twin beds are higher up than I'd want my lo to get in and out of alone.

Personally I keep my kids in their cribs as long as possible! I like keeping my kids enclosed so they don't wander free in the house. My oldest was three before he left his crib.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    I would get a double or a queen. We had te same issue with our two year old daughter. She refused to sleep in her crib and we ended up getting a double bed for her when she was 10 months old. She has slept in it ever since. It is nice to have enough room to lay with her/make pillow barriers
    Tara
    Tara
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This sounds like the exact same issue we are having with our son. He takes awesome naps in his crib but when it comes time for bedtime he wants to be in our bed. My husand insists that its because he likes being in the big bed but I still haven't figured out if its because he really does like a big bed or he likes being between us when he sleeps...he starts out in his crib but a couple hrs into his sleep he wakes up and just will not stop crying until we bring him in our bed, I've let him cio longer then I'd like to and it doesn't stop..sooo I'm in the same boat...the crib we have does turn into a toddler bed so I think we might end up doing that and seeing what happens..but i hear ya, you need to have that alone time!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    No advice sorry but Wow! I thought we were the only ones with this problem but it seems that quite a few mommas are dealing with it. I am going to try converting his crib to the toddler bed and see if that helps...hadnt thought of that...
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • Options
    Honestly I think it has more to do with being cuddled to sleep than the actual bed, but good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options

imagebellelamb:
    Honestly I think it has more to do with being cuddled to sleep than the actual bed, but good luck!

Yeah thats what I'm thinking too..they like the securetly of knowing your right there

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imagebellelamb:
    Can you just take one side off the crib to make it into a toddler bed? Twin beds are higher up than I'd want my lo to get in and out of alone. Personally I keep my kids in their cribs as long as possible! I like keeping my kids enclosed so they don't wander free in the house. My oldest was three before he left his crib.

This was me!  My DD was in her crib until 3 because I didn't trust her to not wander the house when I didn't know about it.  When I did transition her to a bed it was a twin but I put the mattress right on the floor with no boxspring so in case she rolled out she wouldn't go far enough to hurt herself.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Options

Ha! Our guy LOVES our guest bed. He'll fight sleep for and hour in his crib and then we lay him on the guest bed and he's out in minutes. It's ridiculous! I think it's because we have a down comforter on that bed and he likes the softer feel. I was wondering if other people were going through this! 

If he's in our bed there's no hope of him sleeping. He's too excited! It's adorable. :)  

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"