January 2012 Moms
Options

Rash all over! :(

My DD had a bit of a rash for a while now but it was just a very small area on her tummy and one on her back. And it's itchy... The doc said it wasn't a big deal just little eczema and gave us cortisone cream. Then about a week ago I gave DD a bath and she got a rash all over.

(I should mention that I have this weird thing and every time I take a shower or sweat, i break out in itchy hives that go away within minues). And after a shower DD seems to have the same thing.

Only this rash is raised, almost dry looking patches and are everywhere. She has scratched some parts of her belly to the point of breaking skin. I called the doc and they said if she's her normal self and doesn't have a fever (which IS the case, she's super happy) not to worry about it and to apply the cream if I see necessary.

But this is an ALL OVER rash and I don't think using hydrocortisone on her entre body is a good idea. WWYD? I think I'll take her in. It's been over a week...

Oh and nothing has changed with any soaps, creams, food or anything else....

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Rash all over! :(

• Options
    Yeah, I'd tend to agree that warrants an in person visit to the doctor.  It's probably nothing too serious if she's still acting normal, but it could still be an allergy to something.  Or maybe she's having a bad reaction to the dry, winter air.  My DS has dry skin on his back these days no matter how much lotion I put on.
    July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options

If she's breaking the skin open, I would take her to see a doctor. 

Lotion, lotion lotion.

My daughter gets rash-like spots all over (including her face). I stay away from the Johnson & Johnson brands.  They never worked for her.  I use Aveeno lotions and California Baby soap.

Try switching the soap or don't use any soap.  Switch up your lotion. Apply the cortisone after the lotion has been put on.  And apply lotion as much as possible to the problem spots.  We were puting lotion on my daughters face every diaper change until things got better.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks ladies! Well I still have to talk to my mom but I'm suspecting a few things.

First off, DD is better.. I used aveeno baby lotion but then I tried the abc baby and her skin immediately felt a lot softer. And the rash is much much much much better.... I apply it once a day.

I used to use johnsons naturals for shampoo and i gave some to my mom, too and she also has the lotion. With DD's diaper rashes lately my mom told me she's been just rinsing her bum with warm water or bathing her every so often as it seems to be more soothing for DD than wipes. Which is fine, but I wonder if she a)didnt apply any lition afterwards or b) she did and DD is reacting to the lotion.

In any case, Johnsons naturals is out the window. I don't know much about this abc brand? anybody else does??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"