December 2010 Moms
Options

Money/Dh vent tl;dr

Does your family know how much you make?

So, Dh got a new job and I may need to find a new job depending on his new shifts.  This evening Dh, my brother and I were talking and Dh says to me "you don't even make a lot of money at your job so it doesn't matter if you love your job or not."  Brother asks how much I make and of course I'm uncomfortable with that question cause I know I don't make a lot but dumbass Dh says "xx amount." Brother looks in disbelief and is like "you're lying!" and blah blah judgement. Thats exactly why I don't tell people how much I make.

So I say I don't want to talk about it and walk away yet Dh keeps talking, saying "yea, she went to college and has been working there for years and thats all she makes."  Wow, way to make me feel shtty and this small.

Later Dh says he thought brother knew what I made and that its NBD now that he knows but to me it just sucks.  I don't know why.  I don't want brother to look at me like I'm poor or a charity case or something.  I don't know.  I'm embarrassed and feel like a piece of crap.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Re: Money/Dh vent tl;dr

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"