Babies: 9 - 12 Months

refusing WCM????

my boy will be one year old tomorrow ... all is well, but he is not interested in WCM ... not in the sippy, not in the bottle, not cold, not warm.  he has been mostly bf, and when we have given him formula, he has protested that as well ... but would eventually give in.

i know there is nothing to do except to continue offering ... but really, what baby doesn't drink milk????  is he weird??  my oldest son ate and drank everything we gave him (still does) ... so this one is a little perplexing.

anyway, just tell me not to sweat it, and that he isn't the only one.  oh, he eats plenty of solids ... and i'm still nursing ... so i'm not concerned about his nutritional intake.

tia ... 

Re: refusing WCM????

• We're not at this point yet, but I did ask the pedi at her nine month appt because I knew we wouldn't be back until after she was a year old. Our pedi said that some babies don't ever take milk and that's ok. She said the main thing is that they're getting enough calories and calcium from other sources.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Can you pump and then mix BM with a little WCM? Then slowly add in more WCM.

I wouldn't sweat it, especially as you are still nursing.  He'll come around eventually! 

• Loading the player...
  • imageNel11:

Can you pump and then mix BM with a little WCM? Then slowly add in more WCM.

I wouldn't sweat it, especially as you are still nursing.  He'll come around eventually! 

Yes

Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • If you are not concerned about nutrition -- then i would not be worried about it IMO.  Even as he gets older he can get his calcium, Vit D and fat from other souces rather than milk.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"