December 2010 Moms
Options

Stroller for 2 kids

For those of you with 2 kiddos, what did you do for a stroller?  Did you get a double side by side, tandem or sit n' stand?  I was leaning towards the Joovy caboose ultralight sit n' stand but after spending the weekend away and having C battle us to get into her stroller i'm wondering if she'd even stay put in it.  Baby #2 isn't due until June so C will be 6 months older than she is now but i'm still nervous that i'll spend the money for the sit n' stand and it won't work out like I had planned. 

Please share your experience! :)   Does anyone have the Joovy stroller I mentioned?  They also just came out with another version of it that offers a 2nd seat...maybe that will solve my problem?  Oy...so many things to think about!

photo 82cd8793-783f-431f-96f0-fcca1084a640_zpsc15e5cb6.jpgimage"Daisypath"> Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

photo d5624905-a6b6-418f-b278-83e809b23a24_zpsd0363f36.jpgBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stroller for 2 kids

• Options
    I got a Graco DuoGlider for $40 at a garage sale. We figured we would start with that and see how things go before spending $200+ on a stroller. We are worried just like you about getting a stroller for 2 kids and then T not wanting to ever use it.
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I want a Bob Revolution dualie when we have baby #2, so I've been scouting craigslist. I've seen a few good deals, but I am waiting to buy until I'm actually KU.
    Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Only semi-related - Last week when I was driving to pick C up at DC, I saw these two women pushing a stroller (smallish, classic-style Graco or similar) with a baby in it.  A young toddler was riding on the opened canopy on top, body-surfing style.  No one was holding him, he was really just riding that way.  That's probably not what you meant though!

Yeah, I judged that one. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We were thinking of getting an inline stroller this time.... Thinking thinner would be more versatile. However we went and test drove a bunch and we went with a double bob. They are just head and shoulders above the rest.
    The turning radius is perfect and they can go anywhere. Feels just like the single to push and steer.
    Only downside is its heavy to lift.
  • Options

imagejnicolen1:
    We were thinking of getting an inline stroller this time.... Thinking thinner would be more versatile. However we went and test drove a bunch and we went with a double bob. They are just head and shoulders above the rest. The turning radius is perfect and they can go anywhere. Feels just like the single to push and steer. Only downside is its heavy to lift.

Oh, I'm glad to hear you like your BOB. We were pretty impressed with it in the store, but you always learn more about a stroller from someone who's had it a while.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    The only way I would say its not for you is if you are hoping to take it clothes shopping or something where the racks are super close together. Then it would be annoying. We never do that though.
    We take it to the grocery store, beach, walks etc. if I want to go somewhere where there isn't much space i take the cheapie umbrella stroller. It's super rare that I do that though.
    The basket underneath is obviously double the size of the single. But if I have lots of groceries, I use the mommy clip.
    Oliver calls it our "new buggy". Hehe.
  • Options

I ordered this Graco Sit and Stand from Target. It's suppose to be here tomorrow so we'll see how I like it for sure then. My options were limited since I have a small car and I sure hope it fits in the trunk. 

https://www.target.com/p/graco-room-for-2-stand-ride-stroller-metropolis/-/A-13932456#prodSlot=medium_1_1 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Labor Buddy to chulita425!
  • Options
    So I think we will be one of the families who has several strollers :
    I initially wanted to just wear J and push A in our single lightweight stroller but that usually only works if both DH and I are out or if it is a really short trip like to the neighborhood park or something.
    We bought the combi twin it gets the job done and I can go out with both kiddos alone easily. It doesn't break the bank but I have a feeling we will be getting the joovy ultralight in the future provided I can trust A to not bolt when I say it's time to go.they are on Craigslist all the time so I'm hoping to get it for a fraction.
    Fwiw I like how the duallie steers and its storage but I'm not a runner or plan to be so I couldn't justify the cost. I also really wanted to like the city select but when I put A in it he looked like he was going to outgrow the seats soon he is 90 for height and weight and that is a costly stroller if he outgrows it. So that's my take I guess I just hope to keep whatever we buy in decent condition so that I can sell it later
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have the BJ City Select & really love it. Right now we have it set up with one seat for DS & the carseat adapter for DD. Later we can swap out the adapter for the second seat we have, and then after that we can buy a kickboard for DS to stand on.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"