Military Families

Where can I buy maternity ABUs?

Hello Ladies,

First off an intro,

I'm currently 12 weeks pregnant and am due July 2. DH & I have been married for 3 years and are very excited for our rainbow baby.

I definitely have a lot of bloat going on right now and I know that soon I will need to start wearing maternity ABUs. I was hoping that there were some other AD moms on here that could suggest an online website since my BX does not carry maternity ABUs.

Thank you!

BabyFetus Ticker
Journey Thru the Rain
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTC Since Nov 2011
BFP: 11/24/11 EDD: 8/2/12 MMC:12/19/11 D&C: 1/10/12

BFP: 2/18/12 EDD: 11/2/12 Chemical Pregnancy
BFP: 10/23/12 Saw heartbeat: @8wks&10Wks / Heard HB: @15wks EDD: 7/2/13 *Stick Baby Stick*

Re: Where can I buy maternity ABUs?

• Try the thrift shop on base or post, if you're on a budget. Also ask other AD moms who have recently had babies, many aren't sure what to do with maternity ABUs. Easy to switch out the rank/name tape!
  • I'm not AF so I can't tell you, we get ours issued to us from supply. However, could you just get a bigger size up to last you until you track down some maternity ones? That's what I've done while waiting for mine to come in.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Loading the player...
  • My unit wouldn't issue maternity uniforms.  I had to buy them.  No one any where near here sold them so I bought a size larger than normal and wore that until I was too big to fit them.  At that point, my unit allowed me to wear civvies.  

That isn't the norm for a lot of units.  I would check the local online yard sales and maybe craigs list to see if there are any listed.  There is also a website called militaryuniformexchange.com.  People buy, sell and trade uniforms there.  You may be able to find something.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Does the Air Force not issue them? I'm active Army and we get ours issued. If not then I say Sweet! FINALLY the Army does something better than the AF...just kidding! I agree with PP saying to check a local thrift shop or talk to other moms in your AO.  Also, maybe check with AAFES online?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagejeffsteph1207:
    Does the Air Force not issue them? I'm active Army and we get ours issued. If not then I say Sweet! FINALLY the Army does something better than the AF...just kidding! I agree with PP saying to check a local thrift shop or talk to other moms in your AO.  Also, maybe check with AAFES online?

ftw! 

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• You can buy them through the AAFES website. The pants are around $25 and I think the jacket is around $35. No, the AF does not 'supply' them. However, you DO get a maternity clothing allowance(only if you haven't received one in the last 3 years though). Talk to your finance office to get the paperwork. If it hasn't changed, I believe you just need your CC's signature. Good luck!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I will be getting them from a friend who is about the same size as me. I would say ask around, someone you know might let you barrow them.
    Me: 29 DH: 29

5/13 Married

8/13 DD

9/16 DS

• Agree with posters! I am AD Army and called my local supply and they said they just need a memo from the CDR that I am pregnant... if the AF doesn't work this way I would ask around, you never know who may have them from a previous pregnancy!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"