Eco-Friendly Family

XP: ? about making your own detergent

I CD my almost 8 month old and have had success with Tide. But I am considering making my own detergent to save money and go more natural. The recipe I'm thinking of using calls for a bar of soap- the site recommends Dr. Bronner's. I've looked them up and the bar soaps only come scented, but the site says that "All oils and essential oils are certified organic to the National Organic Standards Program."

Does that mean that they are safe for cloth diapers? Here is the list of ingredients if that helps; 

Organic Coconut Oil*, Organic Palm Oil*, Sodium Hydroxide**, Water, Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Natural Almond Fragrance, Salt, Citric Acid, Tocopherol 

* CERTIFIED FAIR TRADE INGREDIENTS 

** None remains after saponifying oils into soap and glycerin

Thank you! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: XP: ? about making your own detergent

• I wouldn't feel comfortable using castille soap on my CD. Google the EcoFriendly Family blog's CD detergent recipe. I believe it uses fels naphta. My personal opinion, I'd rather use something that will clean my CDs for sure so I would not go with a DIY detergent.
  • I make my own detergent and use fels naptha.  I wouldn't say it works as well as boughten detergent but its not bad.  If I have a really gross diaper that stains I just rewash it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"