Struggling — The Bump
Postpartum Depression

Struggling

I just finished decorating our tree. Alone. DH was trying to put our toddler to sleep and its been up for a week so I just wanted it done. It was my choice but it made me even more sad. Half the ornaments are memories. I just kept thinking sad things like about my dad dying, or my DH dying... Our marriage has been rocky for awhile now. We are working on it and I believe we have what it takes to fix it, but having a newborn and toddler isn't helping us get there. Just too much distraction and chaos. I had and beat breast cancer last year. I have a history of depression and anxiety. It all just feels like its piling up on my sleep deprivation. I'm ebf which is really important to me after the cancer so I can't go back on antidepressants. I was on Effexor when I found out I was pg. It was the only med I have taken that works. Ugh... I'm just so tired of feeling sad and like no one around me can understand. I need to get back to counseling but haven't decided if its useful knowing DS would be with me...

Thanks for being here and letting me get it off my chest. I know you ladies understand.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Struggling

• Have you ever tried zoloft? I took it while BF my son and I still take a low dose while pregnant now. My milk supply never decreased and DS is perfectly fine. I hope things work out for you and start getting better.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • I tried Zoloft pp with my dd. It didn't really help me at all. Gratefully it isn't so bad that I can't function and have enough history that I have learned to at least talk about it. The last three years have just piled up on me so at this point I don't even know how much is hormonal and how much is real and how much is just my "normal" depression...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry you are feeling like that. I felt very alone even though I had people around me. Know that you are not alone and it will get better. Maybe try getting a break for a few hours and just catch your breath? Even a bath and some music might help center you a little. Hope you are able to get some rest :)
  • I'm so sorry you're going through this. You can take anti-deps while BFing. There are a whole list of approved drugs. I took Prozac and BF'ed DS for 2 years. I started it again when DD was three months. It has saved my life. My H and I also have problems, and the medication helps me to deal with it calmly and rationally.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards