Nurseries and Baby Gear

Pack N Play

Hi everyone!

I started our registry tonight :)  I got to Pack N Play and I have a question for you ladies. I was planning on having the baby sleep in the Pack N Play in our room for the first couple weeks. Do I need to get the Pack N Play with the Newborn Napper? It is $100 more than the regular Pack N Play so I wanted to confirm before adding it to my list. 

Thank You!!! 

Re: Pack N Play

• Newborn napper isn't necessary. The bassinet feature would work fine.
  • We never used the newborn napper just the bassinet. Go without it; they are a waste IMHO.
    Hadley 3.2011 | Ali 7.2013 | Jack 1.2016
    NEW PEANUT DUE 7.2017 <3
  • Loading the player...
  • If you plan to use the pnp as a bed in your room, check out the Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper. It's really great how the side folds down to make getting baby in and out at night easier while next to your bed. When you don't need the top portion anymore, it serves just as a normal pnp. I've used it so much with both kids... my 2 year old still sleeps in it when we go away and the new  baby will start using it any day!
    m/c March 2009 @ 5 weeks ~ m/c June 2009 @ 10 weeks ~ m/c February 2012 @ 4.5 weeks Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You don?t need the napper in my opinion. What I recommend is using the MamaDoo Kids mattress stopper for much needed extra comfort and support (the hard board "mattress" is way too hard and our son would wake up way too often). It has the perfect firmness and folds in 3 (as portable as the PNP). Good luck!
  • We have the PnP with a changing table and that vibrating rocking seat thingy for infants. It was around $200.

I'm terribly jealous of the $60 PnP that I bought to keeps at my sisters' house for when they watch her. It has toy bar on it and she loves it. I'd much rather have that then these extra pieces that I now have to dismantle and store...

• I've heard read lots of positive reviews on the Fisher-Price Rock-and-Play for newborns to sleep in parents room for first few months. They supposively sleep better in the Rock-and-Play and it's easy to carry from room to room.  I originally wanted to register for the Pack and Play with napper, but may instead go with the Rock-and-Play for sleeping and just a basic Pack and Play with mobile. 

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12413336

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"