March 2012 Moms

Who LO looks like

We're 8 months in now and we still cannot figure out who DS looks more like - no one really can; it's not just that, as his parents, we're too close to see it.  Everyone seems sort of stumped by it.  I guess that means that he has a true combination of both me and DH, but I figured, by now, one of our features would start to stand out more.  Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Who LO looks like

• lol...no my genes are STRONG! DS looks SO much like me and my side of the family. Poor DH gets bummed when people say that. I know that one day he will look more like DH but for now, he is mostly me.  DS does, have DH's smile...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • imagemrscjmb9410:

Maybe your DS is just a really good mix of your features and your DH's? Some people are just like that! It is fun to notice, oh, he has Grandpa's ears and Daddy's nose...

Currently, DS looks more like me. He's had phases of growing when he looked more like DH. But it depends on who you ask...

I did look at DS the other day and just thought, "Oh, it's you. You don't really look like anyone else. You look like...yourself." It was a lovely realization, that he doesn't need to look like any of us.  

Love this! I'm not feeling like he needs to look like one of us; it just hits me every so often that you really can't tell yet. My niece was a spitting image of her father as a baby/toddler and now as she's older, she's starting to look more and more like her mom.  So, I figure we'll see different traits over the years.  No matter what, though, we'll just always think of him as our beautiful boy!

• Loading the player...
  • DD1 is her father, except for hair and eye color. When I look at DD2, I see my father, who passed away over 15 years ago. DH never met him, and I guess its been too long for my mom?? Everytime I say that, my mom says, "Oh no, I don't see your father in her!" like I'm saying something insulting. Sometimes it isn't just the actual features, but a certain way they tilt their head or a lopsided grin that you or DH or ILs have that makes you say, oh that's so and so. One day you will look at DS and say WOW, and it will hit you that he looks like you or DH, or whomever. I say DDs look like themselves, and people scratch their heads like I'm crazy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS is a pretty good mix of each of us but is looking more like DH as he gets older. He looked more like me when he was a newborn. Actually when he was born I thought he looked like my dad.
  • DS is starting to look more like DH but he certainly has alot of features that are strong in my family, including my eyes. I think he is a good combo of both of us.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Everyone says that Chase looks just like both os us!! He has an equal amount of both of our features

BabyFetus Ticker

• From her complexion, to her mouth, curly hair to light eyes she is ALL DH. I actually had a lady in a store the other day ask if she was mine. When I replied that yes, she is, the lady said "she sure must look like Daddy!"  

• I think DD is a combo of both of us. We get people telling us she looks like me and others telling us she looks like DH. DS is the spitting image of DH so I'm glad DD at least has some of my features. :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    "Lilypie">image"Lilypie">
  • Both.. at first glance he is all Daddy, but he apparently has my cheeky smile and attitude lol. 
  • I agree. He's probably just a good mix of you both. I have a nephew that I can't figure out who he resembles...he's just a good mix!

I get told ALL the time that DS looks just like daddy. He does...but I can see a lot of me as a baby in him too. Even my DH tells me that LO looks like me too. 

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"