LGBT Parenting

Beginning our journey to motherhood!

Hello all!

My wife and I are planning to start trying to conceive in the spring. In the mean time we are doing some research, and learning more about our options. At this time we plan to use the IUI method, and are looking forward to beginning our journey to become mothers! However, the more I read on this board the more I?m feeling like I?m behind in the research department, yikes! Does anyone have any tips for us as we are just beginners? We found a fertility doctor we have heard great things about , and I hope to set up a consultation in Jan. That?s as far as we?ve gotten :-/
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Beginning our journey to motherhood!

• If you haven't already, check out the FAQs post at the top of the board (in the shaded green box). There are a lot of good recommendations in that thread.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yup, as PP said, read up on the FAQ's and start tracking your cycle(s) if you haven't already.  It always helps to have information about your own cycle when entering into conversations about fertility and family planning.

Welcome, and good luck!

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome to the board! Ask any questions you like:)
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome!  This board is a huge source of information for those that are either ttc, currently pregnant or parenting.  You will also find all stages of families here from planning to ttc, actively ttc, currently pregnant and those with kids of all ages.

Like pp said, the FAQ has a ton of information.  Also tracking your cycles now will help you work with your doctor on the best course of action.  You will also find an array of methods used to conceive on this board so please feel free to ask questions.  

I just want to wish you the best of luck!

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • All of the above! Also, depending on the type of person you are, I would recommend the book 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility'. Some of my friends have found it really overwhelming, but I really enjoyed it, because I love to know all about new roads that I will be travelling down.

Huge welcome, huge congrats on your decision to start a family, and I look forward to seeing you on here in the future :) 

IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Welcome and best wishes on your journey!
    Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for all the advice! We set up our consultation with our fertility Dr for Feb. 1st and will be begin blood work a few days after that...this is all starting to get very exciting :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"