C-sections

how long did u wait to TTC after you CS??

what is a good time? is there any major complications having c sections too close together? our DD is almost 4 mo, we are not ttc yet, but im not on any BC. and condoms are a pain. since im BF I dont get my period at all so no idea when I am ovulating. im worried that if i do get pregnant that it would be not healthy for my body with all the scar tissue healing, and also taking care of an infant. advice?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: how long did u wait to TTC after you CS??

• I've heard 6 months after c-section and I've heard that doctors prefer c-sections be at least 18 months apart... my doctor, however, said I could get pg as soon as I wanted to.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• My doctor didn't give us a timeframe but we let him know our plans and he was ok with them.

My sections were 23 months apart.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I got okd at 3 months, but if you want a vbac you have to have to wait a year usually.  It is what it is.  My Mom had my sister and brother her third and fouth section 11 months apart and she was fine.  It isn't optimum but I would suggest birth control barriers if you do not want to get pregnant right now :)  2 under 2 is amazing and difficult in the same sentence.  It is not a walk in the park but there is so much love.  
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • I've read that after any birth you would ideally wait 18 months to allow your body to heal and your nutrient levels to return to normal. That being said, I'd say to ask your doctor if you are concerned as many people can have babies back to back with few or no complications. You just wouldn't want to risk it if you didn't have to. Good luck!
  • My Dr said it was up to us but the ideal is to have about 18 mod between births to allow your uterus and muscles to gain back a lot of their strength and tone.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My doctor said to try whenever we were ready.  Since I'll be 40 in early March, we had little choice but to start pretty quickly.  I have a 6.5 month LO and am 5 weeks pregnant with our 2nd and last.
    10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My OB said not to get pregnant for one year after c-section

• My OB suggested we wait 12 months before getting pregnant again.  I got my Mirena out when DD was 18m.  I'd really talk to your OB, different doctors have different recommendations, and those recommendations will vary based on your unique circumstances.
  • Mine said to wait 6 months.  I got pregnant when DD was 8.5 months old.  I am planning a VBAC.  My current OB does not have a minimum time between births for VBAC.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • We waited 6 months because it took so long to get pregnant the first time (ultimately needing IVF, twice) and surprise, got pregnant the first try! :) 
    Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• I asked my Ob at my six week checkup and he said whenever I felt comfortable. This recommendation likely varies depending on the woman and her age/recovery from surgery/overall health so I think you should talk to your ob.

I had no problems being pregnant and caring for an infant. The scar tissue healing wasn't a factor and my second pregnancy was easier than my first. I think being pregnant with a toddler would have been a whole lot harder honestly.

I do think you should stop having unprotected sex and talk to your ob. It is possible to get pregnant while breastfeeding and it's not worth risking your health over.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we waited two years. My doc gave me the green light at 6 months PP, but if I wanted to try for a VBAC they wanted us to wait 18 months. We weren't ready until the 2 year mark.

• 4 months. I was told to wait 6 months, but at 4 months my OB called to check on me and then said it was okay to start trying then. Physically I was fine with having my c/s close together.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • thanks so much for all your replies ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"