Babies: 9 - 12 Months

How much milk/formula 11 month old?

I'm still breastfeeding and pump to send 2 6oz bottles to daycare. So DS probably gets about 22oz/day. It seems like he should be drinking less but he's not really showing any signs of dropping his bottles. He eats 3 good meals a day plus a snack. Also, he is on the small side.

Re: How much milk/formula 11 month old?

• Good question, if it's working for you then I would say continue this for a little while.  

My almost 11 month old is barely drinking milk while I'm gone at work.  Sometimes she will drink one 5 oz bottle.  BUT I BF her a lot when I'm w/her.  In the morning at 4/5 a.m. she eats probably 5 oz, then at 7:30 a.m another few oz.  Then she drinks a 5 oz bottle when i'm gone, then I BF her at 6 p.m. and again for bed.  So she's still drinking plenty of BM but hardly any when I'm not with her. 

Have you tried milk in a sippy cup?  My 11 month old eats very well too.

I would say if your child is a little on the small size make sure they're still getting plenty of milk, all of what you said sounds about normal.  

• How do you know how much he is drinking? Is he drinking solely from a bottle or some from the boob? Maybe he is getting more than you think? DD2 drinks about 24-30 oz a day at nine months. She's above the 95% for height and weight. If he is on the small side, maybe he only needs 22 oz to support that size? I don't think he should be drinking less. My pedi. said my almost 3 yo should be getting at least 16 oz of milk a day, plus water on demand. I doubt an 11 month old should be getting less than 22 oz, but check with your ped to make sure.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • At the 9 month appointment my pedi said at least 16oz of milk a day.  However, a few people have told me their pedi recommended at least 20oz.  My LO averages about 20oz, and eats 2 meals of solids per day.  I can't add in that 3rd meal (let alone snacks) because then she won't take enough milk.  She's just not a huge eater I guess.  It worried me for awhile, but the most she's ever taken in a day is maybe 26-28oz (at 6-7 months before solids...we did BLW), so she hasn't reduced her intake too much.  She has stayed on her growth curve since 4 months (60% weight, 90% height), is hitting all her milestones, and I went over all this with her pedi, so I'm fine with her current schedule. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"