2nd Trimester

Can I eat chocolate truffles?

My co-worker makes the most awesome chocolate truffles every Xmas & just gave me a box.  They all have alcohol in them.  I have her recipe at home so I can check how much actual alcohol is in them - but do any of you ladies know if this would be safe to eat?  I'm thinking not....  =(    these are seriously the best truffles I've ever had...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Can I eat chocolate truffles?

• imageSouthSideDrea:
    I'd eat 'em

Yes

• If I had them they would be gone.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • So you guys obviously aren't concerned with the alcohol in them???  They have all different kinds - Grand Marnier, Rum, Frangelico, etc...
  • I would also indulge!

Likely, if her recipe is anything like many that I've encountered, the total amount of liquor is about 1/4 of a cup, just enough to flavor. That spread over several dozen truffles doesn't equal a lot. Even if you eat the whole box.

I just wouldn't wash them down with eggnog :)

• imagemrsweeber:

I just wouldn't wash them down with eggnog :)

Pasteurized egg nog from the store is ok!  (I just bought some today...   =)

• Would I suggest eating the whole box in 20 minutes?  No.  But other than that...  think back to the fact that pretty much anybody born prior to 1980 was probably exposed to alcohol multiple times in the womb, and we all seem pretty fine.  Mothers weren't even told not to get drunk, prior to the 70s.
  • True - thanks.  Just needed a second opinion - wasn't sure on this one.. ;)
  • imagevaleivegas:

imageSouthSideDrea:
    I'd eat 'em

Yes

Yes  Sounds yummy to me!

BabyFruit TickerLilypie Third Birthday tickers "You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the one person you can't live without."
  • Eat the damn things
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • You're not going to get drunk off truffles, which tells me you're likely not going to hurt baby with the alcohol in truffles. I'd go for it.

If you want to be concerned, be more worried about the "junk food" aspect. Sugar, corn syrup, who knows what else. But then, I hear that chocolate has great benefits during pregnancy ;)  I love that excuse.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My mom is bringing me brownie rum balls tomorrow! I plan on eating my fair share :
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
      Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read-in-2012 shelf)
  • theres so little alcohol in them, i'd eat them. I wouldn't eat a ton of them in 1 sitting though. If I were to compare it to something, it would be like washing your mouth out with mouth wash, and accidently swallowing a half a teaspoon.  
    Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageRussianMommy:
    Eat the damn things
    lol
  • I'd eat them. 

I had a piece of bee sting cake last week (icing has rum in it, not cooked out). I felt super guilty about it, but my IL's and husband were all "You're FINE. Just eat the damn piece of cake." lol

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • I'd eat them. I also had a piece of rum cake last week that smelled so strong of rum, I could smell it from across the room :) Baby is fine!
    carrie ~ me-at-carrie.cc ~ 4/21/2007
    * blog * first baby blog * baby 2.0 blog * twitter *

IMG_0578

• Eat them or share them if you'd ease your conscience that way.  You can share with us.  Mail mine okay?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Are they gone yet, and most importantly, do you have the recipe to share? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"