Dads & Dads-to-be

Recommend your stud finder pls.

Do you have a stud finder that works well and is affordable?  I've never had to purchase one before so I'm not sure what to look for.  I live in an apartment complex where the maintenance crew isn't allowed to find the stud in the wall for me.  I would like to get a wall mount or anti-tip device for my tv.  Also, If you know to go about getting a wall mount for a specific brand of tv that would be great too.  I think I might go on the Sony website and check it out anyway.  TIA.

Re: Recommend your stud finder pls.

• sanus.com for a wall mount.  I used to sell home theater systems, and these are the best by far.  the website can match you to the model of your tv and provide options like swivel or tilt.  I have a 46 inch Sony LED in the basement and use a Sanus.  I also have one on a small tv upstairs with a swivel and tilt mount.

sorry, I'm no help on stud finders... I just use a mirror Wink

there are two motivations in sports, which is yours?
  • I second sanus for the mounts.

For the stud finder. I use this one from Harbor Freight. It can be kind of finicky depending on how hard you press, and you have to have the wheel in the exact right position. However, in my experience, none of them work great. So might as well save a few bucks where you can.

• Loading the player...
  • I have a handheld electronic Craftsman. It is pretty reliable.

• Thanks for all the suggestions!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"