December 2010 Moms

xmas dinner ideas (kid friendly)

I'm clueless when it comes to this stuff so why not ask you gals for some ideas (since you always seem to have great ones!)  So for xmas we're having both sides over for dinner.  We're doing a spiral ham, scalloped potatoes and green beans..that's what I have so far.  I need other side items that would go with the ham.  Please recommend your awesome holiday sides that C might actually eat!  
photo 82cd8793-783f-431f-96f0-fcca1084a640_zpsc15e5cb6.jpgimage"Daisypath"> Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

photo d5624905-a6b6-418f-b278-83e809b23a24_zpsd0363f36.jpgBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: xmas dinner ideas (kid friendly)

• My kiddos usually enjoy a homemade crock pot mac and cheese. Fruit is always a hit too.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Jacob eats what we are eating.. But peas, carrots and broccoli are fav' sides' to our dinner :)
    <3 Cathrine 24 from Norway - Mommy and Married <3

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Graduation tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesdpookie13:
    I'm clueless when it comes to this stuff so why not ask you gals for some ideas (since you always seem to have great ones!)  So for xmas we're having both sides over for dinner.  We're doing a spiral ham, scalloped potatoes and green beans..that's what I have so far.  I need other side items that would go with the ham.  Please recommend your awesome holiday sides that C might actually eat!  

Applesauce - said only somewhat sarcastically.  It's the one thing B will eat 99% of the time.  And applesauce goes with pork chops, so why not put it with ham.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • My MIL makes this awesome pasta thing.  It is like baked penne.  It is a hit with the kids and adults alike and it is super easy...PM me if you would like the recipe.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are also having ham!  I was thinking of doing a corn casserole side-dish this year.  I think the recipe is on the Pioneer Woman's site. 
  • Same menu here..

I am doing Ham, Homemade Au Gratin Potatoes, which DD loves, fresh green beans and a salad. Dinner roles too.

Keeping it simple. 

We have a HUGE brunch in the morning, so we probably won't be overly hungry at dinner.

imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary
  • Carrots cooked in honey are a favorite among all the kids in our family!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We have lasagna & braciole for Christmas (we're Italian!).

But when my mom makes ham, she puts pineapple slices on it & in the gravy/broth. She also makes succotash as a side.

I like the baked mac & cheese idea the PP mentioned.

• I make a mixed vegetable dish with steam carrots, cauliflower & peas that is basically covered in mushroom soup, then bread crumbs and baked.  DD & DH love it.
  • imagepitterpatter129:
    Carrots cooked in honey are a favorite among all the kids in our family!

Yes! My mom has made this for DS a couple times, and he goes crazy for it!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageGrayGhost13:

imagepitterpatter129:
    Carrots cooked in honey are a favorite among all the kids in our family!

Yes! My mom has made this for DS a couple times, and he goes crazy for it!

Tell me about these carrots cooked in honey.  I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'm intrigued.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"