Georgia Babies

New to ATL and need an OB/GYN!!

Hi there! My husband and I just moved to Atlanta from Dallas, and we just found out that we are pregnant! Super excited... but I don't even have a GP, let alone an OB/GYN yet. Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated. We are currently in corporate housing in Midtown, but we are closing on our house in Roswell/Alpharetta in February. I'm not familiar yet with what the best hospitals are for labor and delivery. Please let me know if you recommend someone, a practice, hospital, etc. 

Thanks so much!!

Re: New to ATL and need an OB/GYN!!

• Northside and Piedmont are the two hosptials that most people use. There are others that are good just not used as often. The hospital you use also depends on what kind of labor and delivery you are looking for.

I go to OBGYN of Atlanta. I had both my sons using a midwife. There are many drs as a part of the practice too. They deliver at Northside. I had a good experience and highly recommend them. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Dr. Jennifer Williams at Piedmont OB-GYN (part of Piedmont Hospital).  She is the best!
  • Loading the player...
  • Northside and Piedmont are both great. I delivered both my babies at Northside and was thrilled with the care we all received. DD2 had a couple heart defects that were discovered after birth while at the hospital, and the care she received by the doctors in the NICU at Northside was exceptional. I use OBGYN of Atlanta which is located right near Northside hospital. I really like the doctors there (especially Dr. Parker and Dr. Basil).

• Congrats and welcome to Atlanta!

I delivered both of mine at Northside and had great experiences. With DS I was seeing Dr. Phobe Sun. I decided to switch for #2 because I wanted to work with a midwife so DD was delivered by Wendy Gibbons with Peachree Women's Clinic. (They have an Alpharetta office, though I've never been to it).

HTH!

Team Green for #2! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Shmoo is growing up! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Northside hospital is amazing!  I use Peechtree womens clinic and I see Dr. Jenny Jo who i love love love but all the dr's i've used in the practice thus far are really great as well
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"