December 2010 Moms

Update to sleep issues...

So, we decided to take the plunge and move A to a toddler bed.  We took the front off of his crib and put the toddler rail on.  Then I put on toddler sheets, a pillow and tucked the blanket all around so it looked like a real little bed! (I have to admit, I teared up a bit).  Then, my H and I took basically everything "dangerous" out (like a fan on the floor) put sliding covers on all outlets, baby proofed the windows and closet doors, and put a few of his soft toys around. 

When A saw the bed he was so excited. It was so cute. 

Night 1: he got out a few times, and each time we just silently put him back in bed. He eventually got tired and fell asleep in the bed, on top of the covers and facing the wrong way.  We left the door open, so about 5 am, he came into our room and we put him in bed with us and he actually fell asleep.  He slept with me until 10:30!

Tonight:  This time I closed to door so he couldn't get out. He tried it a few times, cried for a minute while banging on the door, then played with some toys for a few minutes, crawled back into the bed and fell asleep about ten mintues ago!  FX for a full night in that bed!

BTW, something funny: at first he couldn't figure out how to get out of the bed, even though there is an opening to leave. So he climbed out the tall side of the bed. Sheesh! 

ETA: Oh sorry, forgot to add thanks to everyone who gave me support and ideas below! We took your advice and just went with the bed and pillow.  And though I feel bad for those of you going through similar sleep issues, it is nice to know we are not alone!

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg

Re: Update to sleep issues...

• FX that he sleeps well tonight.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Hopefully this is the start of some good nights ahead!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Yay! I'm so glad it seems to be working out for you. FX it continues to go well :)
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh, I hope it keeps going well!  That's so cute that he crawled over the tall side.  I think C would probably do the same.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thats awesome! I hope A stays asleep tonight!

You have a video monitor, right? Thats how you know what hes doing with the door closed? I wish we got one when G was born. It feels like a waste of money getting one now (we don't even use a monitor for B). I keep Gs door closed so if he cries at night I'm not sure if hes fallen off the bed or what. I doubt that would ever happen but it'd be nice to not have to go in there every single time...although maybe I would anyway to shut him up lol.
  • How did he do last night? I'm glad it seems to be working smoothly

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • I hope this is the start of some wonderful sleep for the whole family :)
    photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • He slept until 430, then came into bed with us until 9. Not bad! I don't know when to stop him from coming into bed with us, but I will deal with that later. That's future Jill's problem.
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Yay! Great progress! Hopefully he'll sleep longer and longer as he gets used to his new bed. That's really funny that he climbed out the tall end. We had guard rails on Avery's twin bed at first, and she used to climb into bed by going over the rail instead of climbing into the portion that didn't have a rail. Silly kids. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I'm glad you're all getting some better sleep!

We caught DS midway climbing out of his crib twice today - so it seems like we may be finally transitioning to toddler bed soon, too =(

• imagexxbabycakesxx:
    Thats awesome! I hope A stays asleep tonight! You have a video monitor, right? Thats how you know what hes doing with the door closed? I wish we got one when G was born. It feels like a waste of money getting one now (we don't even use a monitor for B). I keep Gs door closed so if he cries at night I'm not sure if hes fallen off the bed or what. I doubt that would ever happen but it'd be nice to not have to go in there every single time...although maybe I would anyway to shut him up lol.

honestly, I'm asking for a video monitor for xmas. We are ttc #2 but not even pregnant yet and no one knows we are ttc (though I wouldn't be surprised if they're assuming it). I want the monitor for DS, though!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"