March 2012 Moms

Diaper Changes

Anyone's LO moving around like crazy when you try to change their diaper?  As soon as DD's back hits any surface she immediately begins to flip over onto her stomach and tries to crawl away and grab at things.  It's not that she minds being changed, it's that she just doesn't want to lay still on her back.  Any suggestions on how you are handling this, because it can get very messy!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Diaper Changes

• I give him a toy to play with. It helps most times.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Pretty much the same here.  We try the toy trick but it usually doesn't work.  DD always wants to sit up.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Goodness, yes. Sometimes I'm able to distract him with a toy, but I've also gotten pretty good at putting on diapers (and changing his clothes) with him on the move.
  • Same here. She frustrated DH so much one night, she came back downstairs in a onesie and socks...no pants. LOL!
  • Yes! It's so challenging.  We try a toy and we've also tried letting him old on to the wipes bag. He likes the way it crinkles so that usually buys enough time!
  • I've switched to Huggies Slip Ons and just let him stand for pee changes so I only have to wrestle for poo changes. Target has the Slip Ons on price cut and with a Target coupon and a manufacturer coupon, a jumbo pack is just under $5. I originally bought them just because they were so cheap but I've found them to work great on my baby that's only happy standing for a diaper change!

• yea diaper changes are tough now. DS just moves to much. I try to give him a toy, or I sing songs to him, having to adjust the tone in my voice to get his attention form time to time.  I usually have a couple different toys I can easy reach and give him because he ends up throwing them to the floor. Another thing we do is count numbers or sing ABC's.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • I've tried a toy but it isn't helping anymore. If it's just a wet diaper I let her wiggle around, dirty diaper that's another story. I act silly to get her attention. My DD has a bright pink shirt with sparkles on it, so that grabs her attention, then I put it on my head. If I can make her laugh I can normally keep her still.
  • I hand him an extra diaper or the crinkly wipes package to play with, or reciting "Patty Cake" usually gets him to clap his hands and distracts from the wiggling.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • It's pretty much like wrestle mania at my house now. He is constantly trying to flip over and crawl off the end of the table.

Ditto the toy thing. Singing too. It definitely helps to try to distract him. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Soon as his diaper is off he flips over onto all fours and try's to crawl off the change table.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"