December 2010 Moms
Options

Help with a exam-report!

Hey! I am kind of stuck in my report - or SCARED of the big white "nothingness" in my document..

Does anyone have a sample of a paper so I can just get started. (It does not matter what it is about - I just need to think how it should look) - It's been a years since my last "report" and it wasn't a real one - so I just winged it..

EEEEh.. Petrified!

<3 Cathrine 24 from Norway - Mommy and Married <3

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Graduation tickers

Re: Help with a exam-report!

• Options
    I wish I had something but it's been too long.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options

Waaaaay too long for me!  When in doubt, I usually go with the five paragraph essay - intro/talk about what you'll write about, paragraph about first point, paragraph about second point, paragraph about three point, conclusion - good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can help, but need to know what you are writing about.
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Options

About out market/marketing strategy for a "client" and create a brand.  We were to research to segment our target group and our strategy - and create material related to this: business card, brochure, newsletter, envelope and website. We need to defend in the paper why we made the research choices we did and how we came up with our results.

This report must be between 20 and 30 pages.

• Options
    imagemommyfied:

About out market/marketing strategy for a "client" and create a brand.  We were to research to segment our target group and our strategy - and create material related to this: business card, brochure, newsletter, envelope and website. We need to defend in the paper why we made the research choices we did and how we came up with our results.

This report must be between 20 and 30 pages.

Do you get to pick your brand?  If so, how about something related to kids/babies?  You probably have that experience (insider information) that your classmates don't have.  Just look around J's room for ideas!  You can try to think of a catchy slogan maybe then and build your materials around that.   I'd definitely try to go for as simple as possible.  Once you come up with your idea, you'll then be able to talk about why you chose it.  This is why I mention something child-related - because you'll have plenty to talk about!  When is it due?

• Options

We have already done all of this. I just need to write a summary/statement/report on what we did and why.

So it is more the format of paper in general I have forgotten ;)

• Options
    And it is due on wedensday..

• Options

Well here is what you need to do:

1. Address each part of the prompt. So it asks you why you chose this.  First, start out by answering that question directly.  That is your thesis statement. For instance, part one may look like this:

We chose to focus our marketing towards young men in their teens because this will result in high profits. 

Now, you must say the steps of how you did this, the results, etc. These will be your paragraphs.  Separate every reason into a paragraph.

Young men in their teens and early 20's represent 39% of all December sales.  We needed to grab hold of this market to blah blah blah.

Then, answer the next part the same way...

Obviously I have no background in the actual thing you are explaining, but that is the basic set up of all explanatory reports, which is what you are doing.  Make sure when you include a graph that you use a paragraph to fully explain the graph and connect it to your thesis. I hope that helps!

• Options
    imagejillybean800:

1. Address each part of the prompt. So it asks you why you chose this.  First, start out by answering that question directly.  That is your thesis statement. For instance, part one may look like this:

We chose to focus our marketing towards young men in their teens because this will result in high profits. 

Now, you must say the steps of how you did this, the results, etc. These will be your paragraphs.  Separate every reason into a paragraph.

Young men in their teens and early 20's represent 39% of all December sales.  We needed to grab hold of this market to blah blah blah.

Obviously I have no background in the actual thing you are explaining, but that is the basic set up of all explanatory reports, which is what you are doing.  Make sure when you include a graph that you use a paragraph to fully explain the graph and connect it to your thesis. I hope that helps!

Will you marry me???? This totally helped!

• Options
    imagemommyfied:
    imagejillybean800:

Yay Jilly! 

• Options
    imagelrn327:
    imagemommyfied:
    imagejillybean800:

Yay Jilly! 

Haha, well it IS what I do for a living (teaching writing)!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"