December 2010 Moms
Options

Our Santa Story

It's slow, so I'll AW and share the story of our Santa visit that I wrote-up for our family.

B loves Santa, in theory.  He likes to point out pictures of Santa, he likes to hug stuffed Santa dolls, and he likes to wave at Santa.  But he does not like to get anywhere near an actual Santa.

We tried to see Santa last weekend.  We waved at Santa from a distance, we hung out watched all the other kids sit on Santa's lap, we talked about what we wanted Santa to bring (choo-choo TRAIN!).  But there were tears and frantic clutching and whimpering like a sad puppy whenever we tried to approach Santa.

This weekend we decided to try again.  DH and I got in line while B and Grandma watched the model train sets.  B was entranced by the trains, so I hoped that the good feelings would carry over.  As our turn with Santa approached, I brought him in line with us.  As we started up the steps to Santa's chair the whimpering began.  I promised that he wouldn't have to sit on Santa's lap and we sat down on the stool next to Santa.  He cried a bit, but calmed down when Santa turned away to talk to DH.  We got our picture taken, and then Santa turned to B to say Merry Christmas.  As soon as Santa turned his head towards us, B scrambled like a frightened rabbit to get out of my lap, down the steps, and as far away from Santa as fast as he could.

If you ask him about seeing Santa, B will say something like, "Santa yap. Nooooo," which roughly translates to, "No way am I sitting on that guy's lap.  Stop trying Mom."

So there you have it.  We traumatized our son for the sake of tradition and holiday memories.  It's the American way.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.

Re: Our Santa Story

• Options

My mom took Jonny last year and it's one of those classic crazy crying pictures.

He's still pretty freaked out. This weekend we went to a tree farm to cut down our Xmas tree and they have a little train ride with Santa driving the train. We tried to get some pictures with this Santa in a less "sit on Santa's lap setting" but it was a no-go also. Grandpa was holding Jonny and even just standing next to Santa he kept sayin "bye-bye" over and over again and then would start yelling "no no" the closer they go to him.

I'm not expecting any cute Santa/lap pictures for quite a few years!

• Options
    imageTMNTgirl:

My mom took Jonny last year and it's one of those classic crazy crying pictures.

He's still pretty freaked out. This weekend we went to a tree farm to cut down our Xmas tree and they have a little train ride with Santa driving the train. We tried to get some pictures with this Santa in a less "sit on Santa's lap setting" but it was a no-go also. Grandpa was holding Jonny and even just standing next to Santa he kept sayin "bye-bye" over and over again and then would start yelling "no no" the closer they go to him.

I'm not expecting any cute Santa/lap pictures for quite a few years!

The things we do to our poor kiddos. 

A mom in line with us said she didn't get any decent Santa pics until her son was 5.  I'm hoping next year will be magically good, but I"m not holding my breath.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LOL poor B!
  • Options
    Avery loves Santa too. She'll say "ho ho ho" whenever she sees a picture of him or a statue or decoration. When I tried to take her to see Santa and sit on his lap though, a total meltdown ensued. I don't what it is about the live version. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    aww! But yes, at least you got the pic; that's what's important ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"