Northern California Babies
Options

OB / GYN and Hospital near Menlo/Palo Alto

Hi, I just moved to Menlo Park and need advice on selecting and OB/GYN and hospital for delivery. 1. Is anyone familiar with Dr. Powar? Thoughts?2. Pros / Cons of Palo Alto Medical Foundation (PAMF)? Did you primarily see the same doctor, or many of them? Who actually delivered you?3. Delivering at Stanford/Lucille Packard vs. Sequoia? I'm hearing "so-so" reviews of Stanford but I don't know why specifically.Any & all thoughts will be helpful. This is my 1st so I need a lot of advice. Thanks.

Re: OB / GYN and Hospital near Menlo/Palo Alto

• Options
    I am with PAMF the mtn view offices and have been happy with them. With DS1 I saw the same OB the whole time, but she wasn't on call when I delivered so another dr delivered him.

With DS2, my OB went on maternity leave part way through my pregnancy so I switched to the dr that delivered DS1. DS2 was a scheduled c section, so that dr delivered him.

This time I'm back with my original OB. DS3 is another csection so my OB will deliver him.

I had both boys at El Camino, so no advice regarding Stanford vs Sequoia.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm also with PAMF and delivered at El Camino Mountain View. I have a good experience with them.. Don't think I will switch :) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    While I don't have much experience with Stanford LD I have seen their work firsthand compared to el camino hosp. Stanford is a great facility, but it's a training hospital, so it's much more crowded with resident docs shadowing and such. El Camino is a beautiful hospital recently renovated and my experience there at the cardiology dept was very decent and the staff was super helpful
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"