Maryland Babies

Daycare Holiday gifts

I know this has been asked about a thousand times, but I need help picking something out for my DCP. We only have one provider this year, so I'm thinking maybe gift card to a restaurant, but then I thought, everyone does that. Any suggestions??

TIA

Re: Daycare Holiday gifts

• I need some new ideas as well.  Last year I think I bought my in-home DCPs (I have two) a gift card to Michael's (to help supplement her arts and crafts budget), a small box of Godiva chocolates and a B&BW holiday hand soap or candle.  I'll probably do a GC again for a store (this way they can pick out what they want) or a restaurant (enjoy a night out) and add the candy/holiday item.  Plus a small bonus to their weekly check the week of Christmas.  If my kids were older I'd have them do handmade cards, probably next year though.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think we're gonna be boring and do Visa GC's or something, and I am planning to make chocolates. DS is in an in-home DC but there are 3 DCPs.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Loading the player...
  • I found a cute idea for a coffee mug that I might try on Pinterest. But essentially I'll get her a coffee mug, a couple of different gourmet coffee's and maybe a GC to get her nails done or something. She has two boys and I don't think she ever gets 'me' time or girl time on her own. Plus she LOVES coffee.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got Target GCs for DD's teachers last year.  They went over really well!  I'll do them again this year and maybe bring some cupcakes or muffins too.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We just usually give Target gift cards...
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I was also going to be boring and get gift cards.
  • I'm doing GCs to local lunch places (like chipotle or subway) and then will bring in a basket of baked goods/hot chocolate etc. I like the idea of doing something crafty and cute, but being at a center, I figure they have plenty of mugs, ornaments, bath and body works stuff etc.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Gift cards all the way. When Sydney moved up to the 2's room at school, I gave her two toddler room teachers gift cards to DSW and also little packs of nail polish as a thank you gift. I will probably do something similar, but possibly to Target or Kohl's or somewhere else.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I picked up Target giftcards as well, and then Target had cute little holiday tins in the $1 bins, so I am going to fill them with a bunch of holiday gourmet candies I got at Wegmans and put the giftcards in the middle.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our daycare put together a "wishlist" that lists each person's favorite color, restaurant, store, etc, so we got each a GC to their favorite store.  It was multiple stops, but really nbd.  Between infant A and B, and some teacher shifts, we bought 6 giftcards! Indifferent I varied the amounts based on the amount of interaction DD had/has with each teacher, which DH side-eyed, but I really wanted two of the teachers to know how much we appreciate them, and we certainly couldn't give all 6 that amount.  I do feel a little bad because we don't see who interacts with her the most each and every day, but one teacher has been with her since day 1, and they still let DD go to infant A (they're not full at the moment) every day to spend time with her, so whatever. 
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"