May 2012 Moms

What are you getting lo for Xmas?

Just spent about an hour wrapping presents for the kids and I feel horrible that not one was for Emma. We have 4 kids so we have everything that she could need or want. She doesn't need toys of clothes. Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks
Tara
Tara

Re: What are you getting lo for Xmas?

• https://www.amazon.com/Schoenhut-25-Key-First-Piano-Red/dp/B000IGEEC6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1355173548&sr=8-4&keywords=baby+piano

We got her this... although this one is a better price than what we paid.

She liked tapping on the piano at my mom's and I figured she'd be able to get a few years out of it instead of just a few months.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We only got her some Dr.Seuss pjs that came on sale on Zulily (DH loves all things Seuss so they are really more for him). She's getting nothing else from us because we are spending the holidays with 3 sets of Granparents and her 7 aunts and uncles who are all going BSC buying her gifts from what I've heard on the phone from my sister. So she'll get enough "stuff" to last her.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Lo is getting a taggy blanket from us, binkis in his stocking, a case of wipes from Santa, and my oldest is giving him a dump truck he has out grown that has been in the attic. That way it's all lo's not big brothers that he can use like all the other toys. At our house each boy needs his own dump truck :

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • We have a lot of basic toys from DS so DD is getting more personal things.  We got her a My Pal Violet and she's getting some new blocks, bath toys, toothbrush, and hat in her stocking (along with some puffs or other appropriate treat).  My mom is getting her a lovey and some headbands. 

image   image

• We are getting DD an activity cube, a book, pjs, a nice outfit from Janie and Jack (that I got on mega sale!) and a PB anywhere chair with her name on it. Grandparents are getting her a ball popper, bath toys and a new towel, a music cube and some other things I don't know about. We went a little overboard but it's the first baby in the family so we are all excited!
    Due 3.27.14 (lame because I cannot figure out how to save a fun ticker.....)
  • A xylophone, shape sorter, maracas, sensory balls, and building blocks. He really likes his piano so hopefully he'll enjoy this stuff. :)

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh yeah we're also getting some snacks like mum mums and wagon wheels so my toddler know their babies.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • DD is mainly getting things she needs like winter clothes (she grew fast and bigger than we planned for). But we also got her a few toys...My Pal Violet, a music table toy, books, teething toys, etc.
    Photobucket
  • If you have older kids, have them help and pick a toy that has been outgrown, that Emma will just be growing into. Wrap them up, and put under the tree. They don't need new things this young, it's more about the wrapping!

We got DD a swing from a garage sale, and a bike trailer, also from a garage sale. I washed them outside, and will put them under the tree like the other gifts. She is also getting some 9 month clothes that are hand me downs as well. 

For my little man...I only knew you in my heart. D&C 3/1/11 EDD 9/8/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nada. She doesn't know what Christmas is so no need to waste money when she already has plenty of things. Plus our family will give her so much stuff.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagefryrat:

If you have older kids, have them help and pick a toy that has been outgrown, that Emma will just be growing into. Wrap them up, and put under the tree. They don't need new things this young, it's more about the wrapping!

We got DD a swing from a garage sale, and a bike trailer, also from a garage sale. I washed them outside, and will put them under the tree like the other gifts. She is also getting some 9 month clothes that are hand me downs as well. 

great idea! We just got her My pal Scout. I just thought of one toy we don't have anymore that she would like- one of those where you hit/twist/pull a lever and the little character pops up... don't know their name. :)
  • We are not getting LO much because 1. We have a ton of baby toys already and 2. MIL and my parents as well as my 5 siblings and DH's brother and other family members will spoil the kids enough with presents. 3. We don't have a ton of money if any at all to spend on presents for the kids this year with me not working and being in school full time. That being said we got DS a Melissa and Doug Soft tool box set and the Fisher Price Lil Zoomers lights and Sounds Speedway (both used off or craigslist since I could not find them new). We are also planning on getting him 1 more thing from the Disney Store and an ornament to start his collection.

DD we got her a Elmo memory game, made her an art box made of stuff from the dollar store and a doll crib/stroller set.

• We're getting DD a little shopping cart. I figured she'll soon be walking since she's been crawling like crazy and pulling herself up all the time and this will act like a walker for her. We also got her a "Baby Belle" from beauty and the beast doll that will sit where the baby goes in the shopping cart. Also some building blocks, and a couple other toys.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"